TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has OAuth token time to expiry changed to 45 days?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by wayner, Mar 8, 2018.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I was surprised that one of my applications stopped working as my token had expired and I just noticed on TeslaFi that a new token will expire in 45 days. Has the token time to expiry been reduced from 90 days to 45 days?

Or am I remembering things incorrectly?

2. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

I subscribed to TeslaFI 4-5 months ago - it was 45 days when I signed up.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Mine was created in February, and expires (eek) this weekend.... so, I'll need to reset everything.... It was definitely longer last fall when I set everything up!

4. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

Since I first started using tokens back in September the expiry has been 45 days. Remember websites can also utilize the refresh token which allows them to automatically request a new token without needing an email and password again. I use it on my site so tokens never expire.