Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has SC Ever Went Above and Beyond For You [due to SC mess up]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not talking about "they worked to get me back on the road the same day" (though that's nice). I'm talking about "They screwed up this one thing so they gave me free mats" or "They forgot to do this so they did a tire rotation free of charge." I ask because I'm in the middle of a horrific experience with SC and I think they should make it right but I get the impression that going above and beyond like that isn't their style.

Do you have an answer to the question?

Which question? Did the service center ever give me free stuff because they messed up? I havent had them mess up like that, so no... but plenty of times them going above and beyond in the manner you said you didnt want to hear about.

On your thread question specifically, I havent read a lot of that here... although people tend to raise a stink here, and if they get whatever they wanted eventually, most dont come back here to report "oh by the way they took care of me after all"

=======

Moderator note: If you want, I could put [due to SC mess up] at the end of your thread title, to more accurately reflect what you are actually looking for feedback on.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Which question? Did the service center ever give me free stuff because they messed up? I havent had them mess up like that, so no... but plenty of times them going above and beyond in the manner you said you didnt want to hear about.

On your thread question specifically, I havent read a lot of that here... although people tend to raise a stink here, and if they get whatever they wanted eventually, most dont come back here to report "oh by the way they took care of me after all"

=======

Moderator note: If you want, I could put [due to SC mess up] at the end of your thread title, to more accurately reflect what you are actually looking for feedback on.
Please do. Thank you!

(moderator note: done. hope whatever you are working on with them gets worked out)

Reactions: pilotSteve
I'm not talking about "they worked to get me back on the road the same day" (though that's nice). I'm talking about "They screwed up this one thing so they gave me free mats" or "They forgot to do this so they did a tire rotation free of charge." I ask because I'm in the middle of a horrific experience with SC and I think they should make it right but I get the impression that going above and beyond like that isn't their style.
Yes, multiple times in multiple ways with multiple cars in Dedham, MA. They are not perfect but care and do an excellent job overall with very challenging circumstances at different points over the last three years. I have also had good experiences with energy support in NV.

I ordered a Model 3 LR RWD and was offered a free upgrade to 19” wheels. The service center was supposed to order the wheels and have them swapped out before I took delivery but they forgot to order them. So they offered to order the 19” wheels for me but they let me keep the 18” wheels for being inconvenienced.

I ordered a Model 3 LR RWD and was offered a free upgrade to 19” wheels. The service center was supposed to order the wheels and have them swapped out before I took delivery but they forgot to order them. So they offered to order the 19” wheels for me but they let me keep the 18” wheels for being inconvenienced.

Wow! Tires and TMPS, too? In any case—that’s a win and definitely qualifies as “going above and beyond”—well done!

Wow! Tires and TMPS, too? In any case—that’s a win and definitely qualifies as “going above and beyond”—well done!

When they delivered the 19” wheels and tires they did not include the TPMS sensors in them. They would have swapped the sensors on the 18’s but I elected to just take the 19” wheels home with me because at that point I had already put a few weeks worth of mileage on the 18’s and was happy with them so I did not want to bother swapping them out. I eventually just sold the 19’s to someone who already had a Model 3 with 18’s that wanted to upgrade.

The Van Nuys body shop did me a solid. (Sorry it's a long story -summary follows) New Y. Had issues. Had hatch replaced. Had other issues. Got rental instead of uber credits. Two cars on lot - minivan or Fiat Ghibli. Agreed to pay more to get Ghibli. Took two weeks to sort out instead of 3 days promised. Van Nuys covered the complete cost of the Ghibli.

Best sales tactic ever. Hated the Fiat. I was really glad to get out of the Ghibli and back to the Y (dual motor, not P) Way better car.

I ordered some ( cheap ) parts to fix some damage I caused disassembling my car for a mod. When the parts arrived they didn't charge me for the parts, and installed them(for free) as well. The parts were not more than a few dollars, but the labor would have probably been pretty expensive.

Another time I went in to the service center to buy a mobile charger adapter because their website was broken and I couldn't buy it online. They had the part but the same bug that prevented me from ordering online prevented them from charging me in person. So they just gave me the part for free.

Last edited: