Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Telsa lost anyone else's Title during their lease transfer swapalease process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I listed my Model Y lease on swapalease back in December 2021, and it's been three months and counting, and it's been a nightmare. DMV sent the title to Tesla, and after seven weeks of it being delivered to Tesla Lease Trust's office, they said they lost it.

I know two other people who are currently trying to transfer their Telsa lease, but Tesla also said they "lost the title"

I've taken over leases four times, and it always takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Has anyone else heard of Tesla losing the title during a lease transfer? Sounds fishy.

Both my registration and title were damaged in UPS machinery. I called Tesla to report the damage and documented it with photos of documents. Tesla did not reply to me. I filed a complaint with UPS, documenting the damage with photos, as required. I have yet to get any satisfaction from UPS. I had to order duplicates from the Motor Vehicle Commission in NJ.

Hi everyone, I listed my Model Y lease on swapalease back in December 2021, and it's been three months and counting, and it's been a nightmare. DMV sent the title to Tesla, and after seven weeks of it being delivered to Tesla Lease Trust's office, they said they lost it.

I know two other people who are currently trying to transfer their Telsa lease, but Tesla also said they "lost the title"

I've taken over leases four times, and it always takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Has anyone else heard of Tesla losing the title during a lease transfer? Sounds fishy.
Not surprised. This shady company was supposed to start my lease transfer 9 weeks ago. I spoke with DMV and they've never received a request for the title.