Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla Build quality improved on new Model 3s in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3P 2 days, everything appears to to be fine except for a slightly loose spoiler. When compared to the build quality in my wife's MYP it appears to be about on par (which to me is good) although she did not have a loose spoiler in her MYP.

I am hoping that I do not run into any problems in the near future.

Reactions: Porkenstein
Traded in my 2021 Model 3 with just a fabric fold on the front seat. Traded in for a Y n 12/3 driving away the cellular signal was very spotty. Had to drive up to LA 4 days later. The streaming was not working about 70% of the time. Also noticed that the trunk was missaligned. Scheduled a drop off and they paid for an Uber to my home and then the next day to pick it up. The trunk was adjusted.not perfect but fine. Was told the reason for the poor cellular was that the antennas were not plugged in at during assembly. Now it is as good as new.

One would think there would be a test for that before leaving the factory.
Depending on the exact connector involved, maybe it was barely making reliable contact when it was first assembled, and then got jostled during shipping.

E.g. I have a suspicion that some of the really bad factory alignment numbers people have posted, weren't really the factory alignment. The cars were probably better aligned at the factory and then got knocked around hard during shipping.

These are just theories, I could be wrong. :)

Picked up 2023 model last month, the only issues I've had so far are small blemish on the rear passenger door above the handle that was taken care of by the service center body shop. And a tiny rattle noise coming from the right area I'm guessing maybe window on the passenger side. That's about it. Reading some of the comments I'm guessing that's a win considering other issues others might have.

As far as I can see the only test Tesla uses is to ensure the car can roll properly on to a shipping ramp.
@heavyD Like the good ol' days when American cars shipped from the factory with all that parts that didn't fit sitting in the trunk, for the dealer to deal with?

Maybe those huge trunks in the 50's and 60's weren't just for mob buyers...needed a place to fit all the parts the factory failed to attach!

• Funny
Reactions: DocHolliday
@heavyD Like the good ol' days when American cars shipped from the factory with all that parts that didn't fit sitting in the trunk, for the dealer to deal with?

Maybe those huge trunks in the 50's and 60's weren't just for mob buyers...needed a place to fit all the parts the factory failed to attach!
Ha ha ha. I don't quite go back that far but I will certainly take your word for it.