Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla Build quality improved on new Model 3s in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a late 2021 MYLR, and just replaced it a few days ago with a fresh 2022 MYR.

Both were beautifully made, and had no issues. In fact, I have never spoken with a Tesla service agent other than to accept the pair of key cards from them each time.

I had to do two tiny things with my latest MYLR on delivery:

1: There was a small bit of protective plastic still clinging to one corner of the interior headliner. I had to pull it off and discard it.

2: The far passenger side of the dash trim nearest the windshield poked up very slightly. I had to reach out, press on it a bit, and it clicked into place.

That's it.

I received my 2021 Model 3 LR last November. Build quality was great no issues. On par with my Volvo XC90 and Mercedes.
To say that Tesla’s build quality on a Model 3 is “on par” with a Volvo XC90 and Mercedes is…a stretch. I’ve had two XC90s and several Mercedes so Tesla’s build quality is just not even close. Sure, Tesla’s build quality has improved…but to say that it’s on par with Volvo’s flagship SUV and any Mercedes is just not true.

Reactions: RevToRed
To say that Tesla’s build quality on a Model 3 is “on par” with a Volvo XC90 and Mercedes is…a stretch. I’ve had two XC90s and several Mercedes so Tesla’s build quality is just not even close. Sure, Tesla’s build quality has improved…but to say that it’s on par with Volvo’s flagship SUV and any Mercedes is just not true.
Agreed. interior quality of materials feel on par with my brothers Mazda. Not a bad thing Mazda has nice interiors.

I am getting ready to order a Model 3 but now I have heard so much about poor build quality I am having second thoughts. I have driven Toyota for 25 years with zero problems and just need opinions on the latest 2022 quality. Thanks in advance
I have no real beefs with my 20 M3LR. No, it's not the refined finish of my wife's MB, but poor quality? Nope. Sure. I'd like it to be quieter, but aside from the wind turbulence-driven noise at the A pillars, the road noise is about the same as her C320. There are always ppl who are going to get a "Friday" car, but those of us who are happy don't need to say much. As such, you end up with a one-sided view. Go drive one; everyone has different hot buttons in a car. The few warts may not even bother you. I'd buy again. 😎

I am getting ready to order a Model 3 but now I have heard so much about poor build quality I am having second thoughts. I have driven Toyota for 25 years with zero problems and just need opinions on the latest 2022 quality. Thanks in advance
I got two 2022 Model 3. Both are impeccable quality. So getting a bad build seems like a rare chance to me.

Reactions: house9
Mazda makes a solid vehicle. I've owned a Mazda Speed Protege, Mazda 3, cx5, and a Mazda6 and other than blowing a clutch line, I never had a problem.

If Mazda decided to go the EV route, I think I'd drop the M3 in a heartbeat.
Mazdas TRULY are a fun vehicle to drive.

Mazda makes a solid vehicle. I've owned a Mazda Speed Protege, Mazda 3, cx5, and a Mazda6 and other than blowing a clutch line, I never had a problem.

If Mazda decided to go the EV route, I think I'd drop the M3 in a heartbeat.
Mazdas TRULY are a fun vehicle to drive.
In Cali you can get their 100mi tax break quota car:

Reactions: Jo060
Sounds like I may look for other options. I am retired and don't drive that much. I really like the idea of the Prius Prime. I think it only has like 25 mile ev range before engine starts but for me that would be fine. Don't really need a new car but love technology.
They were carrying a $10000 surcharge in Delray Beach - you still have to deal w gas stations but Prius get great mpg - I’m also a senior with model 3 coming soon - go for tesla -

The QC issues I had with my car on delivery were the passenger side black mirror trim was sticking out, the rear door handles are more sunken in than the front, and the interior door seals being wrinkled. I've also replaced my driver side tail light already from excess condensation building up inside. August 2021 build here with about 20k miles. Nothing really that has prevented me from enjoying my car or worrying about it leaving me stranded.

The tailight issue surprised me as I thought that was addressed already with multiple part revisions...the one they pulled off my car was Rev.H.

Reactions: DocHolliday