Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla changed the glossy center console in the 2021 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my MY about a month ago, the center console was nicked. The service folks said they would replace it. I’ve been thinking that maybe I’d wait till the new console arrived and try to finagle an exchange. While talking with a service ranger earlier in the week, he suggested that even if Tesla agreed to this idea, he doubted the new console would fit similarly to the current console. He didn’t know for sure, but he seemed pretty sure. Oh well.
There is a video on YouTube of a guy who swapped out to the new center console in his Model Y...he ordered the new center console...I think he said he paid $900...and I don’t think it was as easy as you think...

Do we have any reports of Fremont-made Model Y's with the new center console?

Given how close this is "expected" to be, this change has been the last one I have been waiting for in order to pull the trigger and replace the wife's older Model S.
Same! I’m waiting to confirm my delivery date as I’m waiting for the new center console. I’m hoping by end of March, but who knows.