Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla Considered Corporate Sponsored Super Charging Stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the East Bay. The closest super charger is Gilroy. (Which is an amazing experience if you have not used one of these things yet). I always dreamed of having a Super Charger at one of the malls in Walnut Creek or Pleasanton or even Danville.

I thought wouldn't it be cool if corporations could sponsor the charging stations through signage or other visible means maybe production could increase and we would have more places to plug in!

I own a company and would throw out $10-50k to sponsor these....

Does anyone share a similar thought with me on this?

If we pull together as a group and get the mall owners to trap a bunch of model s owners who just saved $100 bucks on gas in a mall the economy might improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh I don't know if Tesla would allow Supercharger sponsorship. However what could be done is to install a bank of Clipper Creek CS100's backed by a proper 480 three phase to 240V single phase transformer that makes 240V available to all the charging stations, not 208V. 240V @ 80 AMPs = 62 MPH of charging. A really high quality charging station install with proper wire sizing and short distances which would reduce voltage drop. Plus they would be compatible with all other EVs that can plug in J1772. Maybe x number of CS100s and X number of HPWCs all backed by a solid 240V service.