Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla dropped 0.2 seconds from 85D's 0-100 km/h time or do I remember wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't remember any official announcement but it looks like the change happened in one of the betas and they updated the design studio with the new number recently. In my testing however I'm still getting 4.4 seconds 0-60 mph (4.6 0-100 kph I'm guessing).

I just ordered my 85D, confirmed on 6/27 and can verify at that time the website showed 0-60 in 4.4 sec with HP of 422. As noted, it was changed and currently reads 4.2 sec and 417 HP(of course after my car was complete). I asked my DS if there were any specific changes to either soft or hardware; he stated he would double check. Either way I am happy, just curious on the rationale.

70D seems to have dropped from 5.4 to 5.2 too.
Honestly, if I hadn't read the website, I wouldn't know. It's not like the acceleration isn't good enough.
Anytime I try to hit 55mph for freeway, before my eyes get a chance to glance the speedometer, I'm already at 80+.
I'm sorta worried that it'll be hard to avoid tickets in this rocket (and this is the slowest rocket in Tesla's stable).

.. at some point you gotta say .. it's fast enough!

Now if they roll out that goddamned autopilot, then I'd be hella impressed :)

70D seems to have dropped from 5.4 to 5.2 too.

And 5.2 is exactly what the 85D was rated at when I ordered it. So Tesla has dropped a full second off the listed 0-60 time since I bought the car. Might have just bought the 70D if it was available at the time. Certainly didn't buy the 85D to get a P85 equivalent.

Now if they roll out that goddamned autopilot, then I'd be hella impressed :)

I wish this didn't have to be brought this up on every thread lately. There's an entire thread for complaining about this. It doesn't belong in this thread or the Tesla Moments thread or ...