Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the acceleration boost ever gone on sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No sale so far but if Autopilots bipolar pricing swings are any sign you never know. I wish they would offer it for my LeMR, I’d buy it.

Do you mean FSD?

Which has only gone down in price once- ever- for 2 weeks a year and a half ago, and Tesla admitted it was a mistake.

Every other price change has been in the upward direction.

It’s a mixed bag. People think the price to turn on the “software” for rear heated seats is too high as well. But at least you have the software option. Tesla installs (mostly) all the hardware in each car and the user gets to decide what they want to pay to turn on. Someone like Audi or Porsche you have to pay extra for everything upfront and if you want it later it can’t be done, have to go theirs party and not covered by warranty, or costs you more later and doesn’t integrate as well. Tesla gets a cost savings my (for the most part) standardizing the cars and simplifying stock and assembly. If you paid for an upgraded engine with Porsche it would likely cost more than the Tesla software switch and not necessarily give anymore performance different; plus you couldn’t do it after the fact if you wanted. Don’t get hung up on the fact that it’s a software switch. What do you think all those engine chip swaps or engine remapping third party services are. Just turning on something you already paid for hardware wise.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Do you mean FSD?

Which has only gone down in price once- ever- for 2 weeks a year and a half ago, and Tesla admitted it was a mistake.

Every other price change has been in the upward direction.

AP went on sale from $3k to $2k back towards end of Q2, which is exactly when I bought it. :)

That being said, I don't foresee Boost getting a discount anytime soon. Maybe down the line when the newer cars are noticeably faster and/or Tesla is wanting to squeeze some extra profit in towards the end of the quarter as usual.

Jeremymc7, i know exactly what you're saying. I work in the software business too, i understand very well how it works.
I know the equivalent power on a gas car costs a lot too, I've gone that route too. Still, it's hard to justify after paying 69000CAD (after taxes and credits) for a car. I'll probably do it soon, it's burning my fingers

I guess that's....sort of... a sale... they reduced the price on basic AP down to.... the amount they effectively have been charging for it anyway ever since it became standard.

(when it became standard they included it "free" but raised the actual car price the $2000 they later put it "on sale" for to those who didn't already have it)