TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has the little toy car on the dashboard display always had working brake lights?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Law&Disorder, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Law&Disorder

Law&Disorder Member

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but have the brake lights on the autopilot "toy car" in the center or the dashboard always illuminated when you applied the brakes? I've never noticed before.

Here's a crappy picture showing the brake lights on in the display.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. thimel

thimel Member

Yes.

3. smoline

smoline Member

Everything "the" car is doing, the representative avatar in the dash display is doing. Brake lights, turn signals, doors open, sun roof open, charging, etc. In fact, even when you lift your foot off the accelerator and let regen braking slow the car, the brakes lights activate to let other drivers know you're decelerating.

• Informative x 1
  4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

5. zambono

zambono Member

I didn't know the brakes lit when on regen, thx

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

Yes, and if you stick your arm out the window you will see it on the avatar too!

...er, maybe not. But if you zoom in on the nav close enough over your car position, while in earth view, you can see the shadow of your arm out the window as you're driving. That satellite is actually watching you.

..I think they're after me.

• Funny x 3
  7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes it's always been that way but many people find the tiny brake lights hard to see, and people like me who are partially red/green colorblind (over 5% of the male population) find them really hard to see.

• Like x 1
  8. amallah

amallah Member

There was a post on here a few months ago where someone noticed that one of their headlights were out and the little car had one headlight out too.