Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the little toy car on the dashboard display always had working brake lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but have the brake lights on the autopilot "toy car" in the center or the dashboard always illuminated when you applied the brakes? I've never noticed before.

Here's a crappy picture showing the brake lights on in the display.

Attachments

• IMG_20160724_151525575_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160724_151525575_HDR.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: littlecloudy
Everything "the" car is doing, the representative avatar in the dash display is doing. Brake lights, turn signals, doors open, sun roof open, charging, etc. In fact, even when you lift your foot off the accelerator and let regen braking slow the car, the brakes lights activate to let other drivers know you're decelerating.

• Informative
Reactions: littlecloudy
Yes, and if you stick your arm out the window you will see it on the avatar too!

...er, maybe not. But if you zoom in on the nav close enough over your car position, while in earth view, you can see the shadow of your arm out the window as you're driving. That satellite is actually watching you.

..I think they're after me.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but have the brake lights on the autopilot "toy car" in the center or the dashboard always illuminated when you applied the brakes? I've never noticed before.
Yes it's always been that way but many people find the tiny brake lights hard to see, and people like me who are partially red/green colorblind (over 5% of the male population) find them really hard to see.

Reactions: apacheguy