Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the model Y performance price increased in lock step with Long Range version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. The Performance model also appears likely to be delivered earlier. So Tesla is (relatively) pushing the Performance. Maybe it's because of some part availability issue; or maybe just because they are running full tilt and the Perf still has higher margins even after the pricing gap is narrowed.

Also note that there was room to narrow the pricing gap between the two...in the past, Perf prices had been raised more than LR prices. It's still slightly larger than the same gap in the Model 3, despite the Model 3 being a better perf car and including track mode. (Y Perf still doesn't have that, right?)

Last edited:
I don't think MYP's are selling even remotely as well as the base MY LR (long range). Whether it is worth the price delta (which has been shrinking) is up to you. The price has held very steady over the last few months for the MYP. This tells me there isn't as much demand either or Tesla would have raised the prices like they've been doing on the MY LR.

I originally ordered the MYP and changed to the MY LR. I can tell you that I wouldn't put that much faith in whatever times they list on the site when you order. There seems to be no logic to the delivery times other than they try and rush everything they can before the end of the quarter to try and make their numbers. Though it looks like you have a better chance with the MYP than the LR to get one fairly quickly. Of course you an always check inventory and grab one if/when one pops up at is close to what you want.

The MYP might be a great fit for you if you want one quicker, and nothing pops up in inventory. Do the research and see what model makes the most sense for you.

MYP 1st came out March 2020 for $60990. Then went down $1k to $59990 in July 2020. Went back up $1k to $60990 in Feb 2021.
I was lucky enough to order it in January for $59990, and it qualified for NY EV rebate of $2k (Under $60k to qualify). If I waited 2 more months to order, I would have to pay $3k more since $1k increase and the car won't qualify for the $2k EV instant rebate.