Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the Production Ready Model X Been Spotted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is the latest Model X beta model with near production-level build. It's been a long wait with few updates from Tesla

Tesla Model X Spotted on Public Road in Culver City, California

model-x.jpg

From the Prototype to Production thread:
Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production - Page 17

This is a the Culver Studios in Culver City, CA. It's not a public road, although it looks like one. I think they may be using it in a production being filmed there, and it may show up on-screen in the fall or sooner.

Alternately, the Detroit Auto Show is next week. They could be also getting ready to truck it out to the show. I can't imagine they'll have a booth at that show without some version of the Model X on display.

This image is making the rounds and journalists are running with it.

It's funny, google alerts has been sending me articles that blogs are posting along the lines of: model x finally revealed!

Really? Thought that happened 2 years ago?

I thought that maybe the white was used at the last minute before the show it was going to, because they had some sort of last-minute issue with a full set of 'same color' seats. So I asked. Nope. The engineers deliberately chose the black & white theme because they thought it would 'look cool'.

Yeah. Mistake. The engineers won't be choosing the interior color schemes again.

While this may be the same vehicle, it is worth pointing out two possible differences..

1) the wheels are definitely different. Not only are the removable CF accents gone, but the spotted version has exposed lugs. Eerily similar to (or the very same) wheels used in the MS alpha. Likely a simple wheel swap.

2) Maybe it is just the lighting, but I do not see the indentations (fog light housings?) on the front air dam of the spotted model X as seen here

I just really, really want to see the beta :(

I doubt that the white upholstery color in the alpha X will be a color offered in regular production cars, as it would be impossible to keep clean. I've seen it up close: it's a very WHITE white. I don't understand why Tesla decided to use it n the alpha X.
Signature.

- - - Updated - - -

1) the wheels are definitely different. Not only are the removable CF accents gone, but the spotted version has exposed lugs. Eerily similar to (or the very same) wheels used in the MS alpha. Likely a simple wheel swap.
Just a guess, and others may have data making the theory absurd but...

Maybe the two-tone wheels that I saw at the Teslive gathering aren't road-worthy (in the legal/safety sense) but just prototypes.