Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the way you feel about Tesla changed the way you speak about Tesla to others?

Has the way you feel about Tesla changed? How has it affected your ambassadorship?

• I feel the same about Tesla as before. Nothing has changed in the way I speak to others about Tesla.

Votes: 70 38.3%
  • I am happier with Tesla than before. I sing Tesla's praises to others more often than I used to.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I am less happy with Tesla than before. I sing Tesla's praises to others less often than I used to

Votes: 51 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If rebooting is really a daily occurrence you should talk to Tesla service; I've rebooted our Model S maybe 3 times in the three years we've owned it and IIRC they were all after FW updates.

Similar 3G connection issue for months that effect Slacker & maps, recently it got to the point where the car didn't "turn on" & needed a reboot just to drive...took it service center, engineering determined bugs in MCU\ graphics but didn't want to replace anything & hoped future firmware would resolve issue, after a week my service adviser calls & tells me basically nothing is fixed, nothing is going to be fixed you just have to continue rebooting...I :cursing:...car is still there.

To those of you hoping for better communication and more consistent policies from Tesla, I offer the following cautions, at least for the near term:

1) Tesla is in hyper-growth mode. The average employee has been at the company for less than a year and in their current job for probably 6 months or less. Many decisions have to be made without the benefit of prior knowledge. And while this could be remedied by a rigorous sign-off policy, that would serve to slow down the innovation. A friend of mine who was the product manager for DB2 at IBM said it took in the neighborhood of 100 signatures to get a product released there in the 1980's. Consistency, yes, but speed of innovation, no.

2) Tesla is an engineering-driven company. Elon is the chief engineer. Having worked in such companies, often the marketing folks find out about stuff after it is already completed and have to scramble to develop the positioning, messaging, etc. And Elon is the worst offender (note the deleted Twitter posts). When he blabs about unreleased features and their release dates, I bet he doesn't consult with the product manager/program manager/engineering manager to get the latest status before speaking publicly.

I'm not saying this is bad, it is just the nature of the beast in a hyper-growth, engineering-driven technology company. As customers, we'll just have to learn to deal with it.

The way I speak about Tesla to others:

Funny story. Today bored out of my goard at work I was reading an article on the Model 3 possibly having a 300 mile range, when an older guy walks up behind me and asks what I'm doing. I say "I'm reading this article on a Tesla". BOOOM. I start getting lectured (no, I didn't ask him anything - you're getting the whole conversation here) about how they're not worth crap, take too long to charge, not enough range, blah blah blah. I should have been polite, but I just couldn't help myself. I said, "well, let me show you mine" and I pulled up a screen saver photo of a Model S my color, but not my wheels, in a nice marketing pose - better photo than I have of my real car of course. He said, sheepishly, "do you like it?"

I know that was evil, but I couldn't help myself. I actually hope he'll think before he speaks to me next time. He's between 65 and 70 so you'd think he'd know better. Well, maybe it was a good bet he wasn't talking to an owner - their aren't THAT many of us yet...

To those of you hoping for better communication and more consistent policies from Tesla, I offer the following cautions, at least for the near term:

1) Tesla is in hyper-growth mode. The average employee has been at the company for less than a year and in their current job for probably 6 months or less. Many decisions have to be made without the benefit of prior knowledge. And while this could be remedied by a rigorous sign-off policy, that would serve to slow down the innovation. A friend of mine who was the product manager for DB2 at IBM said it took in the neighborhood of 100 signatures to get a product released there in the 1980's. Consistency, yes, but speed of innovation, no.

2) Tesla is an engineering-driven company. Elon is the chief engineer. Having worked in such companies, often the marketing folks find out about stuff after it is already completed and have to scramble to develop the positioning, messaging, etc. And Elon is the worst offender (note the deleted Twitter posts). When he blabs about unreleased features and their release dates, I bet he doesn't consult with the product manager/program manager/engineering manager to get the latest status before speaking publicly.

I'm not saying this is bad, it is just the nature of the beast in a hyper-growth, engineering-driven technology company. As customers, we'll just have to learn to deal with it.
I dont really follow this logic.. Most of the communications issues I've seen is on the corporate level and remains unfixed for weeks or even months.

- D-range issues went on for weeks after initial deliveries without any communication efforts.
- Seat issues are still not solved and no real communication efforts have been made about it. For me personally its been 5months now.
- Autopilot marketing is still seriously misleading. I dont really care that much as I want the features to be perfect when released, but the verbage on the website is appaling knowing the actual current situation.
- Charge port door in europe not being automated has to my knowledge never been communicated even though it was sold as automated.

Add to this that manufacturing issues, like leaking rear hatch,rear lights and panoroof, as old as the Model S still isnt solved after 2-3years is the reason I bring disclaimers to my praise of Tesla these days. Obviously many of the people I speak to arent willing to participate in beta-testing such an expensive product. I am since the rest of the product is so nice and has no real competition.