TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has there been formal request for a Camper Mode?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by scottf200, Nov 29, 2014.

1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#1 scottf200, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

i would be all for it - plan to use the X for several camping trips over the years !!

3. deonb

deonb Active Member

Yes.

Tesla development calls this the "Keep the doggies alive" mode (same principal applies - you want to leave your Sound/Heat/AC etc. on for a user-definable time period, or until the battery runs down to a specified level).

About 15 months ago ownership told me that they were very close to releasing it. So any day now...

4. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Would personally love to see swivel front seats and the availability of a table so you can sit four for a meal like VW did/does with their camper van.

At night the tablet could display a campfire and the sound system could play crickets chirping or waves lapping on the beach.

Okay that last sentence is lame but swivel seats and table option please! :)

5. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

This is great! It will also work for keeping the audio going for drive-in movies. The US spec cars can switch off the DRLs.
    Also, to make it even darker, put the screen in cleaning mode.
    Cleaning mode will also make it harder for little fingers to take the parking brake off ;)