Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has V11 reduced the number of inputs drivers make?

Driver inputs have reduced since the introduction of V11

• Yes

• No

• It is less compared to V10

• More compared to V10 as things are buried under main screen

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is mainly to find out whether Tesla’s objective of reducing the drivers input and making the car more automated has worked.

From a personal point of view I haven’t touched the screen other than for using the sat nav and possibly some minor adjustments with the heated seats. But prior to this there was always one or other reason to touch those buttons as they were all visible and were right there. So is this what Tesla wanted by removing all those easy to access buttons and hiding it behind the main screen - so that the drivers input can be minimised in a way to pave the way for more automation!

This is not a place to comment on the pros and cons of V11 or auto wipers and headlights and I think there are other threads for that. This is purely to find out whether driver inputs have reduced since the introduction of V11?

I feel they've increased. They've hidden a lot of stuff behind a menu, so you have more clicks to get to the info you want. eg changing the driver (always seems to get it wrong!) or viewing the tyre pressures.

Yes, mainly because now some of the things like trip and tyre pressures are less accessible, I stopped looking at them when I didn’t need to and went back to checking pressures once every few weeks like I used to in my old car. The energy graph is one of my pinned apps and is a better gage of efficiency.

I’ve never had to reach for the demister while driving, auto climate seems to keep everything clear.

The automatic heated seats are spot on.

It's only gone down in the sense I don't bother even trying now with some things like tyre pressures. The latest update has started to bring back some of the features to one touch access, so given we only lived with it for maybe 6 weeks it that can only be taken as an admission by Tesla they got it wrong. But on the plus side, they listened to the complaints and responded.

Yes...

I only need to see Speed, Battery Level & Sat Nav... so it does all that.

Wipers are accessed via stalk button. Menu then pops up for wiper level.

Climate control automation is good, preset via App anyways before we leave.

So I'm all good thanks 👍👍

I have to faff around much more to find anything. I wanted to save dashcam footage yesterday, but couldn’t work out how. It used to be a button at the top of the screen that was constantly available. In the end I had to hit the horn, but this should not be necessary. The bloke in front thought I was beeping him and this could have generated a road rage incident.

I just want buttons to have a place and stay there. I can learn where they are and not have to keep relearning.

Reactions: Wol747
I have to faff around much more to find anything. I wanted to save dashcam footage yesterday, but couldn’t work out how. It used to be a button at the top of the screen that was constantly available. In the end I had to hit the horn, but this should not be necessary. The bloke in front thought I was beeping him and this could have generated a road rage incident.

I just want buttons to have a place and stay there. I can learn where they are and not have to keep relearning.

Car menu > recording

Reactions: Stranger Dings