TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has your newer Model S upgraded to 6.0?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cricket, Oct 12, 2014.

1. cricket

cricket New Member

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread--I looked but couldn't find an explicit answer.

I have a newer Model S, which shipped with Lane Departure Warning and Speed Assist (yay!). It arrived running 5.14. I'm just curious whether anyone with a similarly new vehicle has been upgraded to 6.0, or whether maybe 6.0 isn't yet supported on these cars.

2. iadbound

iadbound Member

3. cricket

cricket New Member

Thanks, iadbound! (I'm IAD-bound next Monday.) So from the two threads, it looks like there is a compatible version of 6.0 available but the only poster who's upgraded to it took his Model S to the SC.

4. iadbound

iadbound Member

I went to the SC yesterday to get my front license plate attached, and I had them download 6.0 to my car, which I then installed last night. I guess the version of 6.0 is now past 5.14 so the firmware is now upgradeable by the SC.

Are you coming to DC for work or pleasure?

5. cricket

cricket New Member

That's good news, iadbound--thanks!

Always business, unfortunately, at the beginning of a swing through the Southeast (IAD-CLT-MIA).

6. iadbound

iadbound Member

This thread is starting to read like a Flyertalk forum!