Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hatch button, 8.0, and rear end repair. call for help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey everyone, i recently got my car back after a long time at the body shop due to being rear ended a few times...

i may be wrong here, but as far as i can recall, the trunk button would open the hatch without me first unlocking the doors. currently i have to grab the key fob, unlock the car, and then the trunk button on the hatch will open the trunk [hatch, whatever...]

now before i go telling the body shop how to do their job, can someone running 8.0 verify the trunk will open manually without using the key fob. like... keep it in your pocket and attempt to open the trunk.

along with that... does anyone know in what state these lights would illuminate? i tried reverse, hazard, turn signal, brakes and lights on... nothing.

Attachments

• 20161005_193304.jpg
    20161005_193304.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 54
hey everyone, i recently got my car back after a long time at the body shop due to being rear ended a few times...

i may be wrong here, but as far as i can recall, the trunk button would open the hatch without me first unlocking the doors. currently i have to grab the key fob, unlock the car, and then the trunk button on the hatch will open the trunk [hatch, whatever...]

now before i go telling the body shop how to do their job, can someone running 8.0 verify the trunk will open manually without using the key fob. like... keep it in your pocket and attempt to open the trunk.

along with that... does anyone know in what state these lights would illuminate? i tried reverse, hazard, turn signal, brakes and lights on... nothing.
Yes. I verify. No change.