Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hatch Interior Panel - Way to attach permanently?

kirkhilles

2014 Model S w/ AP1
May 3, 2019
Northwest Georgia
New to me late-2014 and I was getting a near-constant low speed rattling that I tracked down to the interior hatch panel, so I ordered some new clips and removed it and the rattles have gone away (since removed).

I did my best to carefully remove it, but it's clear that the clips are not secure and move around a bit and it's looking like the plastic holding the clips have broken a bit. I'm sure Tesla charges $$$$ to replace it and it'd be silly since the panel itself is fine... it just needs to be firmly and snugly re-attached.

Has anyone done any semi-permanent fixes to work around this? I was thinking of maybe some super-durable-and-sticky tape to hold it into place? I saw the YouTube video of the guy that put a bit of tape beneath the clips, but I'd like to get this done to almost an overkill level as the the vibration was really bad. I wish the panel wasn't all one piece as it's kinda tricky to get it all installed.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Siphant

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC