TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hatch won't close, beeps

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by JeffVanEpps, Apr 2, 2016.

1. JeffVanEpps

JeffVanEpps Member

Yesterday I was helping my friend move and had some stuff loaded in the trunk but when I pushed the button to close it, it just beeped at me. I thought it might be complaining about an obstruction so I took several tries at moving things around and eventually removing things so that there was very obviously no obstruction, but still just beeps. Then I thought it might be because the car was 'locked' - not this door obviously but all the rest had the handles retracted - so I unlocked it, but still it just beeped at me. At this point I just closed the hatch manually, which went fine. Any guesses what it was beeping about?

2. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

I believe if the hatch is left open too long, it loses it's auto-close capability, like the doors do sometimes. Going through the manual closing should reset it.

3. JeffVanEpps

JeffVanEpps Member

It was open for two hours so that's it. I didn't know that was a thing, losing the ability to close. Thanks.