Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hate Groups on Social Media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sancho

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2016
Illinois
The Skabooshka incident is just the latest example of how toxic the Internet has become as a place for haters to find and interact with fellow haters. Usually the toxicity will remain at low levels, but it’s not surprising that at the extreme fringe it can turn outright criminal.

TSLAQ now has spawned a criminal fringe, and as such Tesla needs to work with law enforcement agencies to rein it in.

The exacerbation of hate is the Internet’s worst byproduct. It is going to take massive efforts to deal with it in all of its ugly dimensions, worldwide.

One of the things about TSLAQ is that only those who have a true lack of morals would align themselves with the cause, unless they are severely misinformed. Tesla is 100% towards helping humanity, thus anyone against Tesla is aligned against humanity. TSLAQ is inherently more dangerous from this aspect alone. Combine that with the fact that there are a lot of wealthy individuals who would like to see Elon fail in a number of arenas: Energy, Auto, Space, telecom; You can see them easily side-channeling some funds which to them is peanuts, but may be a lot for some 30yo with his v-card living with his parents.

Reactions: Boomer19
I don't blame the haters. I don't blame the shorts. They are like roaches or rats, and they do what roaches and rats do. The very act of shorting brings the worst in people and they are expected to lie and spread rumors. That comes with the territory.

But what I am extremely upset about and angry too, is that these low-lifes get very powerful when the media scumbags join their party and act as the wind beneath their wings and supply oxygen and publicity. Look at latest Dana Hull's reporting on the criminal who wants to crash the FSD test drives. It gives a highly negative tone of Tesla, as if Tesla is suppressing an honest truth seeker.

$TSLAQ is just one or two steps away from being a domestic terrorist group. They have strong but seriously misguided ideological, financial, and political motivations for Tesla and Elon Musk to fail. They are well organized on social media and incite each other to commit acts of violence. They have deep pockets. They spread misinformation and regularly publish outright propaganda.

The recent actions by Randeep Hothi meet criteria 1 and 2 below, and if $TSLAQ is successful in inspiring others to attack Tesla employees, Tesla owners, and Tesla self-driving cars, it could in the near future meet criteria 3.

"A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping."

How the USA PATRIOT Act redefines "Domestic Terrorism"

Honestly I am not worried about the violent acts. Why? because it is easy to identify and get law enforcement involved and it is a sure way for TSLAQ to lose face with public.

I am very worried about the constant negative rumors and lies being spread every day with the help of MSM like Dana Hull, Neal Boudette, Charlie Grant, Linnette Lopez, Laura Kolodny etc.. These guys have the power of MSM and give a wide publicity to the TSLAQ frauds and make them powerful.

All of those outright propaganda is protected by free speech. Fake an accident, fake a fire. With a deadly cocktail of social media plus MSM, all those can never be prosecuted and all protected under the guise of free speech.

Honestly I am not worried about the violent acts. Why? because it is easy to identify and get law enforcement involved and it is a sure way for TSLAQ to lose face with public.

I am very worried about the constant negative rumors and lies being spread every day with the help of MSM like Dana Hull, Neal Boudette, Charlie Grant, Linnette Lopez, Laura Kolodny etc.. These guys have the power of MSM and give a wide publicity to the TSLAQ frauds and make them powerful.

All of those outright propaganda is protected by free speech. Fake an accident, fake a fire. With a deadly cocktail of social media plus MSM, all those can never be prosecuted and all protected under the guise of free speech.

Agreed that right now it's mostly the propaganda and lies. But I wonder how many other Randeep Hothi's are out there? The misguided individuals who read and engage with the Dana Hulls, etc.,

Agreed that right now it's mostly the propaganda and lies. But I wonder how many other Randeep Hothi's are out there? The misguided individuals who read and engage with the Dana Hulls, etc.,
Well, they aren't quite as bad, but there are many examples of people intentionally blocking superchargers, vandalizing chargers, keying cars for no apparent reason, rolling coal, and so on. It was a few years ago now, but I was driving the Roadster and a guy in a pickup rolled down his window and started abusing me and weaving across the road to block me; I was coming up from behind him and had never seen him before, certainly not on this drive. I still have no idea why, or what he was shouting about.

I think I made the mistake of asking for assistance yesterday on Twitter when it came to our P3D, which I am truly enjoying. I had not realized how polarized Twitter has become as it relates to Tesla. I figured the haters just populated Elon's tweets, but they stormed right into mine, on the off chance they could use it for fodder for their ill gain. Fortunately, it hasn't had much lift, but they're certainly trying. There is nothing quite like opposition in the face of success, but this feels a bit derogatory.

Reactions: Boomer19