Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haters gonna hate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way to sell an EV to a plug hater. And there is no need to. Surely some people like this and hate that. But another major factor is people don't want to look stupid or ridiculous. As soon as driving an EV is superior in terms of convenience, economy, range, fuel-up times, availability of fuel, and so on, going to buy a new ICE car will make people around you wonder if you've taken leave of your senses.

Or do you see people commuting in horse carriages? Oh wait, some do, e.g. Amish people. I wonder what made them do the transition to actually use wheels?

There is no way to sell an EV to a plug hater. And there is no need to. Surely some people like this and hate that. But another major factor is people don't want to look stupid or ridiculous. As soon as driving an EV is superior in terms of convenience, economy, range, fuel-up times, availability of fuel, and so on, going to buy a new ICE car will make people around you wonder if you've taken leave of your senses.

Or do you see people commuting in horse carriages? Oh wait, some do, e.g. Amish people. I wonder what made them do the transition to actually use wheels?

Once EVs are mainstream, maybe the Amish will upgrade to ICE vehicles. :biggrin:

The Amish aren't against innovations, but they want to be able to build items themselves rather than being dependent upon skills outside the community. They can make wheels (and whole buggies), and they can breed horses.

I'd be curious to know if they would accept wind turbines or solar panels. Anyway, this is all OT. The Amish don't hate cars -- they'll accept a ride, or even pay for one if needed -- but they just reject the need for structuring one's life in a way that needs to go that far, that fast, on a regular basis. Quite a different POV than the reactionaries against EVs.