Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have (2) Tesla's - one FSD / one Autopilot - same Navigation Data - different road shown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I encountered something weird, and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I've got a 2021 MY LR w/ FSD, and my wife has a 2019 M3 SR+ w/ Autopilot.
We both have the same Navigation Data: NA-2021.44-13555
My FSD software is v10.12.2 (2022.12.3.20)
My wife's Autopilot software is v11.0 (2022.16.2)

Our town installed a roundabout on May 5th.
My wife's Tesla navigation screen shows the roundabout on the map.
The Tesla app shows the roundabout when you view a car with Location.
The Tesla Trips website ( Go Anywhere | Tesla ) also shows the roundabout. ( click here to see )
Google maps shows the roundabout.
Waze shows the roundabout.
My Tesla FSD navigation screen shows the old 4-way intersection.

Normally I wouldn't have noticed or cared to investigate , figuring the car Nav data would have to catch to the web/app on the next Nav update.
Maybe the old intersection is cached? Or does FSD use a different map subset within the same Navigation Data build?

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977
Some progress...
I was out of town for the week and had the MY parked at the airport. On the way home, it now shows the roundabout, but it tries to route me straight through the center, as if it was the normal intersection.

I wasn't brave enough to see what it would actually do... I didn't want to be on the news as 'Tesla jumps a curb and gets stuck on the center island of a roundabout." :)

Tesla's made huge improvements in the beta since I was accepted in October 2021, so I'm hopeful they'll get this stuff worked out soon. I'm going to forward this to FSD beta team.

FSD-Beta - Through the Roundabout - 2022-07-08 17.14.49 a.jpg

Some progress...
I was out of town for the week and had the MY parked at the airport. On the way home, it now shows the roundabout, but it tries to route me straight through the center, as if it was the normal intersection.

I wasn't brave enough to see what it would actually do... I didn't want to be on the news as 'Tesla jumps a curb and gets stuck on the center island of a roundabout." :)

Tesla's made huge improvements in the beta since I was accepted in October 2021, so I'm hopeful they'll get this stuff worked out soon. I'm going to forward this to FSD beta team.

View attachment 826415
Interesting “fusion of sensor input” case! My guess is it would figure it out just fine based on camera inputs overruling the maps data. It may slow down, act erratically, but generally figure it out. Best not to try with other drivers around.

I’ve tried pushing FSD beta by driving in warehouse areas where the maps weren’t up to date. FSD beta got some things right and some things wrong, but it tries to navigate based on vision overruling the incorrect maps.

You reminded me of something completely different, yet related to the nav. There is one particular supercharging stall in middle Tennesse that if you enter ANY destination and start the route, the nav system will first say something like "turn left onto Barzani Drive", then IMMEDIATELY say turn right onto another drive, then repeat the left turn again. It does this over and over and never stops until you pull out of the supercharger stall. Also of interest is that if the car is in a stall either to the left or the right, it won't do that. I took a video of it, but can't post it on TMC.