Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have a MX Raven, ordered a MY LR, but.... Who has both?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the title says, i currently have a Raven MX (my third Tesla) and couldn't resist the the price cut so i ordered a MY LR that is due to be delivered by mid Feb.

In these last few days, since getting the Vin number and EDD, i've been debating if i should accept delivery of the Y or not...

I mean, besides my Raven X being superior in everything (or almost everything), i don't really need the Y (or any other car).
It's more like i have always had soft spot the white/white Y (the one i ordered, with tow) and couldn't resist the price cut.

At times i think decide i am not get the Y and spend all this money on something i don't really need, but then.... i decide (lol), what the heck... i love the car (Y) and will use both the Y and the X as i feel like it.

So, who has both the X and the Y and how do you use them?

Another thing that "bothers" me is that in a few months (Tesla months???) the Y will probably be updated (HW 4.0, HD Radar?, Parking sensors return, 4680 batteries) and i will end up felling i should have waited...

Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts on this.... (first world "problems", lol)

Thank you guys for your responses.
Yes, i am very conflicted with this decision.

Let me just add that with the price drop, the ability to deduct VAT and to receive the government subsidy, the MY LR will in the end cost me 42.500 euro.
That is what's making it so hard pass.... haha

Yeah, but when will that happen?....
My guess is prices will stay down for a while. Tesla's focus on reducing the cost of manufacturing a vehicle will continue. Because this and their lead in EVs they can play the drop the price to increase demand game longer than almost any EV manufacturer. And projects like the robot will help then address one of the higher cost items in a manufacturing workflow.

Last edited:
I have a 2022 MYP and a 2019 Raven X Long Range.

The build quality of the Y is FAR superior to that of my X. Road noise is also significantly less on the Y. I think it really comes down to what you need because moving people around, the X is the winner... except those times where the falcon doors don't open all the way.