Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any early adopter FSD owners seen an EAP (early access) invite yet?

If you are an early FSD adopter have you gotten your invite to EAP?

• Got my invite

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No invite yet

Votes: 87 93.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I know the first rule of EAP is you don’t talk about EAP, but I figure we can at least track when invites start going out as Tesla did say that would be our consolation prize.

I have not gotten anything as of yet.

No, I think the EAP program runners were probably as surprised by Elon's announcement as we were and are trying to figure out how to add hundreds or thousands of cars to a small, closed program.

I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

I feel the same way - didn't help that I saw the chart below a couple weeks ago that said customers will be invited to EAP program "so long as space in the program is available." It feels like when a dealer advertises a great lease rate with the disclaimer one car at that rate available.

Personally, I don't need to be part of EAP if they can give us "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates" (in line with people who had 4 referrals). Of course, I have seen several posts of people who should have Priority Access but have not received priority access.

autopilot-update-png.383398

• Helpful
Reactions: McCaesar
Nope, paid $3000 more than everyone else for absolutely nothing, nada, zip. Feel like a sucker; hope billionaire Elon enjoys my money. Can't even use enhanced autopilot on my current, yes currently on the road, 1000 mile trip to Florida because one of the cameras died, it's been having intermittent problems but Tesla insists there is no problem but it's completely dead now. $8000 and all I can use is TACC.

So I am guessing the invitation comes in the form of an email from Tesla Motors? Is there any timeline on invites? It would kind of be nice to have early access before all the features are added. I know they will continue to add improvements, but it would be nice to get a major feature to test early.

So I am guessing the invitation comes in the form of an email from Tesla Motors? Is there any timeline on invites? It would kind of be nice to have early access before all the features are added. I know they will continue to add improvements, but it would be nice to get a major feature to test early.

So, your concern is they will introduce Level 5 self-driving before you get your EAP invite? :) But, yeah, I know what you mean.

They did say "next month" for invites so am hoping April but no one ever can tell with Tesla.

Reactions: C141medic
So, your concern is they will introduce Level 5 self-driving before you get your EAP invite? :) But, yeah, I know what you mean.

They did say "next month" for invites so am hoping April but no one ever can tell with Tesla.
They said if space is available. So figuring they round robin the people.You start running the numbers through your head and if they only give 10% of the "early adopters" access I could see the big feature updates being complete in 10 shots or less. I could see it being my turn and I get the ambient light fade update to beta test. I am the person who always gets in the wrong line to checkout. In high school seating was alphabetical order so I always sat at a table in the back that faced the wall because they did not have enough desks. In college I did not get a dorm room because it was asigned in alphabetical order and they assigned me an room at a Trucker motel on the outside of town. I followed the LEAF before it had a name and was one of the first 3000 people to put a reservation in and was told by Nissan as they were adding the car to rental fleets " that I didn't know enough about EVs" and that is why Nissan wouldn't sell me one while people 20 miles away in another state could get them TWO years before me. I tried buying an EV1 or leasing one and was told they would be available soon in the Midwest. Three times I put in a request to buy a Ford Focus EV. I told an "EV Ford" dealer that I wanted to buy a Focus EV. The closest response I got was for the Focus GT because it was their most expensive Focus. The other time they respond back with F 150 quotes "because they cost about the same". So I am the official Charley Brown of EVs. So I don't hold out much hope that Tesla will treat me fairly.

Yeah That is what I figure, but do we know if that chart is official?

I guess I will just go back to being sour about having paid too much for FSD. Ah well.

I only care about about HW3 getting released in order of when someone got FSD.

So AP2 FSD owners first, and then so on.

As long as they do it that way then I'm cool.

If not then I'm going to use Enhanced Summons mode every day right before shift change at the factory. It will be quiet the scene as they run around trying to figure out who's controlling the car not realizing that I simply planted a bluetooth booster nearby, and faked the location on my phone.

Nope, paid $3000 more than everyone else for absolutely nothing, nada, zip. Feel like a sucker; hope billionaire Elon enjoys my money. Can't even use enhanced autopilot on my current, yes currently on the road, 1000 mile trip to Florida because one of the cameras died, it's been having intermittent problems but Tesla insists there is no problem but it's completely dead now. $8000 and all I can use is TACC.

No Elon gave your money to the folks that didn’t believe in FSD program when they bought their cars. Then invited them to the EAP.

Crickets, although I did receive an RSVP to this (how exciting):

1156d219-dcd3-42b8-8c08-269c2c83e84c.png

We are excited to invite you to Tesla showcase events across the Northeast.

Join us for the opportunity to test drive Model 3, along with Model S or Model X. Compare a variety of interior and exterior options and select the Tesla that best suits your lifestyle. Learn more from our team of product experts, including how to trade-in your current vehicle or arrange financing.

Kindly RSVP below. We look forward to seeing you soon.

open.aspx

collect

Crickets, although I did receive an RSVP to this (how exciting):

1156d219-dcd3-42b8-8c08-269c2c83e84c.png

We are excited to invite you to Tesla showcase events across the Northeast.

Join us for the opportunity to test drive Model 3, along with Model S or Model X. Compare a variety of interior and exterior options and select the Tesla that best suits your lifestyle. Learn more from our team of product experts, including how to trade-in your current vehicle or arrange financing.

Kindly RSVP below. We look forward to seeing you soon.

open.aspx

collect

Afraid to say this isn’t special. They want to sell you more stuff (as they should).

I got a call in Q3 I *sugar* you not that was along the lines of:

“We notice you have an X and a 3. Would you like to test drive an S and possibly add it to your garage?”

Normally a cute sounding girl on the phone trying to sell me s3x is a good thing but my level of funds is far below my level of wants.

• Funny
Reactions: trisk and C141medic
I only care about about HW3 getting released in order of when someone got FSD.

So AP2 FSD owners first, and then so on.

As long as they do it that way then I'm cool.

Better start checking out the boosters then... :)

The AP2 upgrades are likely to be more complex due to the other hardware differences between AP2 and 2.5 cars, so I'll be surprised if they start there when they can process a lot more AP2.5 cars which will only need a board swap...

Better start checking out the boosters then... :)

The AP2 upgrades are likely to be more complex due to the other hardware differences between AP2 and 2.5 cars, so I'll be surprised if they start there when they can process a lot more AP2.5 cars which will only need a board swap...

I've never seen anything suggesting any HW3 upgrade was anything but a board swap- have you? If so, where?

For months Elon has been saying HW2 when he means HW2.5. Dashcam, sentry, etc.

There’s a lot of camera , radar, and wiring differences covered in other threads that make it sound like AP2 needs a specially designed retrofit or just wont get one at all.

Only ones I've seen are:

Cameras in 2.5 use a different color filter (same resolution, number, location, manufacturer, etc)- Some have suggested the color filter difference is what makes sentry/dashcam easier on 2.5, but doesn't appear to impact EAP functions at all to this point, so possibly won't impact FSD ones either.

Radar in 2.5 has 10 meters longer range- don't know that this matters to FSD (it hasn't to EAP functions)

2.5 has 2 sets of wiring for radar for redundancy but both go to the same single front radar (and 3.0 looks to have similar hookups)- so I suppose they'd need to run a spare wire set for 2.0 cars but that's about it unless the 10m range difference is a huge deal- then they'd need to swap the front radar too.

Obviously since they sell FSD to 2.0 cars though (and continue to do so) they're going to have to do the upgrade for them too regardless of it requires any more work than the 2.5->3 one does.