Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any early adopter FSD owners seen an EAP (early access) invite yet?

If you are an early FSD adopter have you gotten your invite to EAP?

• Got my invite

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No invite yet

Votes: 87 93.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of points from another early access thread (and calling it ‘EAP’ just confuses everyone :D)

I know people who are in the real early access (not from FSD) and have never received anything.

If you are in it, you are supposed to not use ev-fw.com or TeslaFi or any other such program. Do you want to do that or violate the rules?

All you get is (probably) x.x.1 versions of software that may or may not be ‘useful’. Who knows.

And, I surmise the ‘eligible’ part is they want users that drive a certain number of miles. They have to evaluate the data from these cars and don’t want to bother sending you special stuff if all you do is drive to the corner store. Maybe. Why else would they have ‘eligibility’?

The whole thing does smell like ‘oops, we need to give the FSD people something’.

A couple of points from another early access thread (and calling it ‘EAP’ just confuses everyone :D)

I know people who are in the real early access (not from FSD) and have never received anything.

If you are in it, you are supposed to not use ev-fw.com or TeslaFi or any other such program. Do you want to do that or violate the rules?

All you get is (probably) x.x.1 versions of software that may or may not be ‘useful’. Who knows.

And, I surmise the ‘eligible’ part is they want users that drive a certain number of miles. They have to evaluate the data from these cars and don’t want to bother sending you special stuff if all you do is drive to the corner store. Maybe. Why else would they have ‘eligibility’?

The whole thing does smell like ‘oops, we need to give the FSD people something’.
Tesla themselves call it EAP on their blog, so there is that. I've driven 22000+ miles in 4.5 months, more than to the corner store so I don't think that's it either. Yes it is an oops, but they haven't followed through on yet another Elon promise.

Tesla themselves call it EAP on their blog, so there is that. I've driven 22000+ miles in 4.5 months, more than to the corner store so I don't think that's it either. Yes it is an oops, but they haven't followed through on yet another Elon promise.
Oh, quite. But they live in the present. :D Most people here know EAP as ‘the first part of autopilot’ and AP as ‘autopilot in general’

Now we are supposed to use AP as part one and FSD as part two, the ‘top little piece’. Arg... It’s like the pricing which is based on which week or day it is.

They critically need a CMO even though they don’t do any real marketing. Or maybe a CCO (Chief Comms Officer).

Well, I guess we can all change our votes now. :rolleyes:

Tesla keeps a promise to early Full Self-Driving customers—sort of

So Tesla recently added a new setting on Tesla vehicles called "Software Update Preference." Customers who choose "Advanced" will be eligible to receive software updates before most others. Those who don't will only get updates after they've been thoroughly tested by other users.

While this setting will be available on all Tesla vehicles, a Tesla spokeswoman tells Ars that early FSD purchasers will be "among the first" to receive updates. At the same time, she stressed, not every customer will get every update.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
Well, I guess we can all change our votes now. :rolleyes:

Tesla keeps a promise to early Full Self-Driving customers—sort of

So Tesla recently added a new setting on Tesla vehicles called "Software Update Preference." Customers who choose "Advanced" will be eligible to receive software updates before most others. Those who don't will only get updates after they've been thoroughly tested by other users.

While this setting will be available on all Tesla vehicles, a Tesla spokeswoman tells Ars that early FSD purchasers will be "among the first" to receive updates. At the same time, she stressed, not every customer will get every update.

I guess that only applies once you get to 2019.16.x, I am still on 12.1.2. Although I have had FSD for over a year, I feel I may not be "among the first" to receive 2019.16.

I don't think it's a lie, just very few people have been invited. I have a friend that got his Model 3 months after I did, and got an email invite to the Early Access program just after the announcement.

What space?

It's a software push.

It's not like they "run out of copies" or something.

True, however, on either a blog post or tweet there was followup that said when "space is available." Which likely means that the are limiting the number of members that participate. May be artificial, but perhaps there is a good reason why they would want to limit to a specific number of people.

Got this email earlier...

FDFA38B1-3582-4D8B-9228-4DCDB2DA083C.png

I guess time will tell what "among the first" really entails as it seems anyone who received "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates" through having multiple referrals never seem to be "among the first."