Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any new testers with a safety score above 80 received the FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has a safety score in the low 80s on her Model Y (both purchased at the same time) and hasn't gotten the update.
Do you know if she uses Autosteer? There's a requirement of driving at least 100 miles with it active while Safety Score is active for enrolling in FSD Beta.

The car obnoxiously slows to a stop approaching any intersection and has yet to turn onto a different road while on autopilot without disengaging.
Maybe you need to change some settings in the Autopilot section?

Upvote 0
Do you know if she uses Autosteer? There's a requirement of driving at least 100 miles with it active while Safety Score is active for enrolling in FSD Beta.

Maybe you need to change some settings in the Autopilot section?
I looked, nothing to change. The car will crank the wheel and start the turn and then disengage 1/3-1/2 way through the turn. It is also not smooth about transitioning into the turn and seem to end up wide somehow despite cranking the wheel early. By that point I am concentrating too much on making sure it doesn't cause an accident to figure out what it is doing wrong.

Upvote 0
It doesn't. There were people who received it after opting in a few days ago.

Having too high of firmware can prevent it, though.
The only thing with me is I had the Safety Score running for months, but not for the beta. So I always had a track record of my safety score, and to be honest for months best I could do consistently was 87, only till recently has the score gone up and hovers around 92, though a bad day early in the month knocked me down to 91, but I still had the download. Luckily for me I had a "trapped" update from 20.8 to 20.9 ( had been stuck for over 40 days on 20.8 while in the Queue, finally gave up and it was waiting when I opted out).

As I said above, after the announcement, i opted back in and got it in less than 12 hours?

Upvote 0
The only thing with me is I had the Safety Score running for months, but not for the beta. So I always had a track record of my safety score, and to be honest for months best I could do consistently was 87, only till recently has the score gone up and hovers around 92, though a bad day early in the month knocked me down to 91, but I still had the download. Luckily for me I had a "trapped" update from 20.8 to 20.9 ( had been stuck for over 40 days on 20.8 while in the Queue, finally gave up and it was waiting when I opted out).

As I said above, after the announcement, i opted back in and got it in less than 12 hours?
I know someone who picked up their car Sep 9th, got 20.9 on the 17th week, opted in, and downloaded Beta yesterday. Regardless of circumstances, we can say for sure there isn't a 30 day requirement. When I got Beta on my 2nd car, I opted in...dove 150 miles and received it the next evening (really midnight, so almost 2 days).

Reactions: alexcue
Upvote 0
Sort of crazy to think about, no logic to anything about who does/does not get Beta, its literally a lottery pick. Ive been in the que for a while, and while i really dont drive around all that much, I do have over 100 miles on autopilot for last 30 days rolling.....ive thought bout opting out and then back in but I dont know how beneficial that is with the software updates or whether or not its helpful. My cameras were updated a few weeks ago, and I was quite confident that yesterday would have been the day with all the chatter.....maybe it will come this week still.....but starting to wonder now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sort of crazy to think about, no logic to anything about who does/does not get Beta, its literally a lottery pick. Ive been in the que for a while, and while i really dont drive around all that much, I do have over 100 miles on autopilot for last 30 days rolling.....ive thought bout opting out and then back in but I dont know how beneficial that is with the software updates or whether or not its helpful. My cameras were updated a few weeks ago, and I was quite confident that yesterday would have been the day with all the chatter.....maybe it will come this week still.....but starting to wonder now.
Do you have 2022.28.X ? That seems to be the only think keeping people out of the beta now (as long as they have an 80+ score and 100 miles on AP)

Upvote 0
I've been on the 'beta' list for what seems like a year? lol. Safety score fluctuating mid 90s. Even tried to reset it, that didn't work - the score never reset. I gave up trying to keep it high 90s with "real life driving", currently was at 91. 2020 M3 Performance and I got the update 2 nights ago! I thought it was a regular update. I got in my car yesterday and I got the FSD Beta! neat! Haven't had a chance to fully check it out, but I enabled it, cool visuals at least!

Upvote 0
Got it the other day. Tried it for 90 seconds today. Will not turn it on again until the next major release and then only with no one else in the car, with zero traffic around me, and in very controlled conditions.

It is currently not fit for purpose and has yet to reach a suitable beta level of quality.

Tesla should be embarrassed that they expanded this out to more people.

Upvote 0
Have any new testers with a safety score above 80 received the FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 update yet?
I just got the FSD Beta update. I have been driving for several months with a Safety Score of 99-100 and thought it would never come to me. Approx 48 hours before they sent me FSD Beta, they sent me the software update to Tesla Vision. I had guessed/hoped that was a hint that FSD was coming soon, and my guess was correct. I like FSD, but I think we have a long way to go before most people would be comfortable in my vehicle as a Robo Taxi.

Reactions: Durwood101
Upvote 0
Got it the other day. Tried it for 90 seconds today. Will not turn it on again until the next major release and then only with no one else in the car, with zero traffic around me, and in very controlled conditions.
It is currently not fit for purpose and has yet to reach a suitable beta level of quality.
Tesla should be embarrassed that they expanded this out to more people.
What did it do? and what were you expecting?
I just got it yesterday (sep-20) and I was pretty impressed with the improvements since I last had it on my 2018. Certainly not perfect, but much better than before. My biggest gripe is the routing decisions it makes. I am hopeful the supposedly coming version where it offers three routes, and you pick one, will be better. As it is, I uses it mainly without specifying a destination.

Upvote 0
What did it do? and what were you expecting?
I just got it yesterday (sep-20) and I was pretty impressed with the improvements since I last had it on my 2018. Certainly not perfect, but much better than before. My biggest gripe is the routing decisions it makes. I am hopeful the supposedly coming version where it offers three routes, and you pick one, will be better. As it is, I uses it mainly without specifying a destination.
It doesn’t understand how to make either right or left turns correctly. It will recklessly hesitate and risk the likelihood of being rear ended. It has a turn radius that is way too wide for these turns. Acceleration and deceleration is alarming when you can’t be sure if it will stop in time and even if it does it again risks you being rear ended.

Frankly, this release is an abomination and a disgrace. We aren’t looking for edge cases, we are still solving for basic functionality.

Upvote 0
It doesn’t understand how to make either right or left turns correctly. It will recklessly hesitate and risk the likelihood of being rear ended. It has a turn radius that is way too wide for these turns. Acceleration and deceleration is alarming when you can’t be sure if it will stop in time and even if it does it again risks you being rear ended.

Frankly, this release is an abomination and a disgrace. We aren’t looking for edge cases, we are still solving for basic functionality.
Honestly, I have had none of the problems you describe. It does make occasional mistakes and misses some turns. (I reported two cases just today). OTOH, the turns it takes are executed perfectly IMO. It wasn't always that way for sure. But this version is the best so far.

Upvote 0