Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any new testers with a safety score above 80 received the FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks you too! I’m sitting at 99 with well over 100 AP miles. Got the 28.2 download but haven’t installed yet
I don't know if you know: you need the 100 miles of AP to happen in the last 30 days. The two people I know who didn't get it despite a qualifying Safety Score had less than one hundred miles in the past 30 days. The updated Tesla app has that information behind an information button.

Upvote 0
I don't know if you know: you need the 100 miles of AP to happen in the last 30 days. The two people I know who didn't get it despite a qualifying Safety Score had less than one hundred miles in the past 30 days. The updated Tesla app has that information behind an information button.
Thanks! Yeah I did know that. I’ve only had my car for like two weeks haha

Upvote 0
Finally received 2022.20.17 on my 2017 Model S. I opted in almost two months ago and drove over 100 miles on Autopilot. Safety score 97.

Here's the unofficial tip: supposedly reporting bugs (valid ones) while on Autopilot may increase your chance of getting the beta. In my case it did work! I started reporting valid bugs almost a week ago and this week I finally got it.

Upvote 0
Finally received 2022.20.17 on my 2017 Model S. I opted in almost two months ago and drove over 100 miles on Autopilot. Safety score 97.

Here's the unofficial tip: supposedly reporting bugs (valid ones) while on Autopilot may increase your chance of getting the beta. In my case it did work! I started reporting valid bugs almost a week ago and this week I finally got it.
How do you report bugs on standard autopilot?

Upvote 0

A whole bunch of people got it this week, after about a 7 day lull. Releases aren't constant, they are periodically spaced. Its also by location and car model type. For example, many in the SE USA got it Monday afternoon.

The only bug reports Tesla pays attention to are tapping the little camera on the display when FSD does something wrong. Only FSD folks have this camera icon.

Upvote 0
For those fortunate in the Beta do you have to drive 100 miles in AP in one shot of driving or ok to be cumulative per many days within 30 days?

Also, they should add a disclaimer to every software upgrade "upgrading above 20.17 might prevent you from receiving FSD Beta" or something like that.
It is unfortunate that most think software upgrades are a must. However, I wish I would have waited on these knowing upgrades might make FSD beta incompatible with current versions. Really hope 10.69.3 will be compatible with later builds and learned my lesson and won't upgrade anymore...learn something everyday thanks to these forums.

Upvote 0
For those fortunate in the Beta do you have to drive 100 miles in AP in one shot of driving or ok to be cumulative per many days within 30 days?

Also, they should add a disclaimer to every software upgrade "upgrading above 20.17 might prevent you from receiving FSD Beta" or something like that.
It is unfortunate that most think software upgrades are a must. However, I wish I would have waited on these knowing upgrades might make FSD beta incompatible with current versions. Really hope 10.69.3 will be compatible with later builds and learned my lesson and won't upgrade anymore...learn something everyday thanks to these forums.
Its cumulative and a rolling 30 days. Needs to stay at 100 or above

Upvote 0
It’s educated speculation, if that’s the right way to put it..

Historically .1 versions jump to a new software branch and .20 is getting left way behind. It’s been confirmed by service managers that .32 or .36 is around the corner to address the window recall and humming issue with the new S/X. They typically get advanced notice so they know to tell customers that their issue will be fixed via software update.

With that said, it’s likely the next beta, 10.69.3, will be on the .32 or .36 branch. It’ll catch them up to some newer features introduced with .24 and .28, while also addressing the recall and humming issue.
So if I get notification of an .32 or .36 update should I accept it? If I do accept it what are the chances that 10.69.3 will be based on .28

Upvote 0
Why would you want to? Generally speaking, doing an update because it's there is asking for bugs. And if your goal is FSDb, you just don't know what the next release is based on. Stay where you are at least until the next FSDb release and then reevaluate.
I agree. My follow-up question is: if offered a new version (say .36 for example), does the mere “an update is available” message preclude an invite to FSD or would installing it be the only thing that does?

Secondly, does “standard” vs “advanced” have any impact on FSD?

Upvote 0
I agree. My follow-up question is: if offered a new version (say .36 for example), does the mere “an update is available” message preclude an invite to FSD or would installing it be the only thing that does?

Secondly, does “standard” vs “advanced” have any impact on FSD?
It is my "belief," if you are ever offered a .28 or .36, your vehicle is not in queue to get FSDb this round. I was stuck in .20, then received a couple of quick updates, still in .20. Less than 24 hours after getting 20.9, I got the FSDb 20.15, then 20.17. I was never offered anything beyond a .20. If they offered you a .24 or .28, I think you are not in the line for FSDb.

This is just based on my experience, I have no direct knowledge of how the magic happens. Adding to that, I also have a Model 3 that has had FSDb for more than a year, and the vehicle I traded in had it as well. But I have no idea if other vehicles on the same account make any difference or not.

The question to ask is, if anyone with .24 or .28 has ever subsequently gotten FSDb. I *think* the answer to that is no. Please correct me if this is wrong. Personally, I would accept any update was offered, regardless of the number.

I have no idea WRT standard vs advanced. I have always had advance selected.

Upvote 0
It is my "belief," if you are ever offered a .28 or .36, your vehicle is not in queue to get FSDb this round. I was stuck in .20, then received a couple of quick updates, still in .20. Less than 24 hours after getting 20.9, I got the FSDb 20.15, then 20.17. I was never offered anything beyond a .20. If they offered you a .24 or .28, I think you are not in the line for FSDb.

This is just based on my experience, I have no direct knowledge of how the magic happens. Adding to that, I also have a Model 3 that has had FSDb for more than a year, and the vehicle I traded in had it as well. But I have no idea if other vehicles on the same account make any difference or not.

The question to ask is, if anyone with .24 or .28 has ever subsequently gotten FSDb. I *think* the answer to that is no. Please correct me if this is wrong. Personally, I would accept any update was offered, regardless of the number.

I should clarify. I have 2022.28.2. I switched from advanced to standard in hopes of not getting any offers before BSD but not sure if that’s the optimal strategy. This seems overly complex. I’d think if you qualify for FSD, they would simply prioritize that over anything else but what do I know.

Upvote 0

I can answer somewhat the question around existing account with other vehicles being part of FSD beta,

So I traded in my Older Gen P100D model X for Plaid X and P100D had the FSD beta.

My score is 98 currently on the new PLAID X and Well beyond 100 Mile of AutoSteer. Still yet to Get the FSD... I am on 28 build..

I also have a Model 3 & Model S Plaid which both have FSD Beta. So don't think existing cars with FSD beta being on account has anything to do with it... at-least feel that way...

Upvote 0