Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any new testers with a safety score above 80 received the FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does having it waiting to install preclude being offered the FSD beta?
example: im on 2022.28.2. suppose the next FSD bate is built on 2022.28.x
will being offered 2022.36.1 mean they won’t then offer me the beta or does it only matter if it’s installed?
also, does “standard” vs “advanced” have any impact of FSD beta timing (I assume not)

Upvote 0
does having it waiting to install preclude being offered the FSD beta?
example: im on 2022.28.2. suppose the next FSD bate is built on 2022.28.x
will being offered 2022.36.1 mean they won’t then offer me the beta or does it only matter if it’s installed?
also, does “standard” vs “advanced” have any impact of FSD beta timing (I assume not)
No one knows, that's why everyone is just saying don't install updates until you're sure FSD Beta is on it. Seems like that would never be a bad option anyways.

People said it generally won't update you if you're in the queue, but there were plenty of people commenting that said they got tricked into an update while in queue.

Reactions: jiehan
Upvote 1
No one knows, that's why everyone is just saying don't install updates until you're sure FSD Beta is on it. Seems like that would never be a bad option anyways.

People said it generally won't update you if you're in the queue, but there were plenty of people commenting that said they got tricked into an update while in queue.
Yup. I got my 2022 MS in august and within a couple weeks it updated several times and is now at 2022.28.2. I’ve been in the queue since day 2.now maybe once you have an appropriate safety score (someone pulled out of a driveway without looking on day one causing me to brake and swerve), and the requisite AP miles, that might change?

Upvote 0
Yup. I got my 2022 MS in august and within a couple weeks it updated several times and is now at 2022.28.2. I’ve been in the queue since day 2.now maybe once you have an appropriate safety score (someone pulled out of a driveway without looking on day one causing me to brake and swerve), and the requisite AP miles, that might change?
I think you're right. I also think there's a parallel thread of issues where the refresh S (and maybe X?) had that ridiculous high-pitched pump noise problem that started in the last month, so Tesla rapidly pushed out multiple patches in a row to try and fix it. I assume that overrode it for everyone, even those in queue.

That's no excuse for any 3/Y or pre-refresh S/X that got upgraded while in queue though.

Reactions: Jeffsstuff
Upvote 0
I'm going to check the settings and see, but I don't believe so.
Also not going to update..... silly it removes your ability to get into beta .-.
Very silly; borderline stupid! 🤣

Meaning you need a decoder ring and a dance to figure out how to get it. Pushing the enrollment button and complying with the rules is not enough. Why is tesla pushing advanced updates to cars that are complying and enrolled in Beta, only to leave them out in the cold when they release beta below that firmware branch. Stupid for a tech company. I’m not suggesting rollbacks, but rather intelligent deployment of updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got notified for 2022.36.1, I assume I should ignore that. I've been in the beta queue for 3+ weeks with >100 miles on AP and a score of 98+. I've been stuck on the 2022.28.X branch since then, so I assume that's why I didn't get it.

Is Tesla organized enough that I would only be getting an update now if it's something I can use for the next run of FSD Beta admissions?
I'm in the same condition! I got notified about 2022.36.1 being available for download (I wasn't connected to Wifi at the time). I definitely would prefer to get FSDb than the latest "normal" update. Had I known that by downloading and installing 2022.28.2, I would be precluded from the big push to increase FSDb testers, I would have not installed that update either!

I switched my software updates from "Advanced" to "Standard" to keep 2022.36.1 from automatically downloading and installing. Was that the right way to do that? Or is there another way to preclude it from updating automatically?

I figured I could switch back to the Advanced Update option once I hear that FSDb 10.69.3 is running on the 2022.28.X thread...

Any advice? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Not sure how many it affected but there were some news articles about it so I'm guessing Tesla just force pushed it to all refresh S/X's.
I'm in the same condition! I got notified about 2022.36.1 being available for download (I wasn't connected to Wifi at the time). I definitely would prefer to get FSDb than the latest "normal" update. Had I known that by downloading and installing 2022.28.2, I would be precluded from the big push to increase FSDb testers, I would have not installed that update either!

I switched my software updates from "Advanced" to "Standard" to keep 2022.36.1 from automatically downloading and installing. Was that the right way to do that? Or is there another way to preclude it from updating automatically?

I figured I could switch back to the Advanced Update option once I hear that FSDb 10.69.3 is running on the 2022.28.X thread...

Any advice? Thanks!
Once you get the notification it shouldn't matter if you do basic/advanced, the update is still sitting there ready to install.

The good news is that you can't control whether it automatically downloads, but you can control whether it installs. It'll download over your wifi or any Tesla wifi (so I guess if you avoid those and remove home wifi...), and it will pester you every time you get in the car to install, but it won't actually install on its own.

So basically, you just need to choose to finally hit 'install' on the screen, or ignore it for a while. How that affects the beta is unknown, I guess it's possible that they do put the next beta version on 2022.36.X, but who knows. Sounds like they usually lag a few weeks so I don't know. There's nothing in this new update that I really care about so I'm probably not going to install

Upvote 0
The same happened to me. Maybe 10.69.3 will be based on 2022.28 and Tesla just did us a solid?
Hmmm... Now that you mention it, the update for 2022.36.1 is no longer showing up on my Tesla either. It says that everything is up to date. I wonder if Tesla had to pull that update for some reason, or if they are actually on top of things enough to know that I'm awaiting FSDb and thus don't want to receive any updates until I get 10.69.3? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit...

Upvote 0
Hmmm... Now that you mention it, the update for 2022.36.1 is no longer showing up on my Tesla either. It says that everything is up to date. I wonder if Tesla had to pull that update for some reason, or if they are actually on top of things enough to know that I'm awaiting FSDb and thus don't want to receive any updates until I get 10.69.3? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit...
What version does the bottom of the phone app says you have now?

Upvote 0

Any advice? Thanks!
Turn off wifi and it won't download unless a critical bug fix

Upvote 0