Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any new testers with a safety score above 80 received the FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought autopilot about a month after I got my car back in December 2018. I signed up for FSDb as soon as I was allowed to sign up - it feels like a year or more.

My safety score is 86
I have 127 miles on autopilot
My software version is 2022.20.9 <-- just updated from 20.8 yesterday

When, oh when, will I get the software that I spent many thousands of dollars on four years ago?

Upvote 0
I bought autopilot about a month after I got my car back in December 2018. I signed up for FSDb as soon as I was allowed to sign up - it feels like a year or more.

My safety score is 86
I have 127 miles on autopilot
My software version is 2022.20.9 <-- just updated from 20.8 yesterday

When, oh when, will I get the software that I spent many thousands of dollars on four years ago?
It took me three months to get it with a 100 SS, after having it for nearly a year on my 2018. But I think you are in the right line, sticking with 2020.20.x. I flipped from 20.8 to 20.9 just a few days before making the jump to 20.17 (now 20.18). Hang in there, you are close.

Upvote 0
It took me three months to get it with a 100 SS, after having it for nearly a year on my 2018. But I think you are in the right line, sticking with 2020.20.x. I flipped from 20.8 to 20.9 just a few days before making the jump to 20.17 (now 20.18). Hang in there, you are close.
I had a high safety score - between 85-87 and last weekend I was given FSD. Already have two strikes against me. The internal camera does not like it if you pick up your phone. What happens if I get five strikes? Can I redeem myself after a few weeks? I did not pay $10K to get put in purgatory.

Reactions: Jeffsstuff
Upvote 0
I had a high safety score - between 85-87 and last weekend I was given FSD. Already have two strikes against me. The internal camera does not like it if you pick up your phone. What happens if I get five strikes? Can I redeem myself after a few weeks? I did not pay $10K to get put in purgatory.
What happens if you block the camera entirely? Or does it allow you to look when the car is at a red light?

Upvote 0
Yep, that is a big no no. Never pick up your phone when you are driving. In my state, it is illegal, even if you are stopped at a traffic light. If you can operate it completely hands free, that is okay. But the driver is not allowed to hold the phone in his/her hand.

If you get five strikes, you are out of the Beta, and apparently there is no way to re-enter your car. You will have to wait until General Availability happens (who knows when that might happen). Btw, a high safety score is 98 or above. 85-87 is just enough to squeak in. Technically FSD on City Streets, is not an available feature. It is still "coming soon."

Reactions: Dewg
Upvote 0
Yep, that is a big no no. Never pick up your phone when you are driving. In my state, it is illegal, even if you are stopped at a traffic light. If you can operate it completely hands free, that is okay. But the driver is not allowed to hold the phone in his/her hand.

If you get five strikes, you are out of the Beta, and apparently there is no way to re-enter your car. You will have to wait until General Availability happens (who knows when that might happen). Btw, a high safety score is 98 or above. 85-87 is just enough to squeak in. Technically FSD on City Streets, is not an available feature. It is still "coming soon."
What if you disengage beta and pick up your phone?

Upvote 0
It does not change anything, unless you are parked. Never touch your phone when you are driving, is the rule. The camera monitors you continuously.
Interesting. I don’t think I’d mind the surveillance as much if it provided me with the benefit of not needing so much pressure on the wheel for autopilot / FSD to recognize that I Am paying attention. One or the other folks. Not both. Or… here’s. Thought… trust me to drive the car responsibly

Upvote 0
Interesting. I don’t think I’d mind the surveillance as much if it provided me with the benefit of not needing so much pressure on the wheel for autopilot / FSD to recognize that I Am paying attention. One or the other folks. Not both. Or… here’s. Thought… trust me to drive the car responsibly
Trust, but Verify. The Verify part will get you every time. Consider it just a means to kick you out of the program.

Upvote 0
Trust, but Verify. The Verify part will get you every time. Consider it just a means to kick you out of the program.
Yea, but we are in fact helping them by providing data for their AI. Besides, what difference does it make. If I screw up, it’s not like they will accept responsibility. Now if their system was responsible, I might understand it ( but in that case I shouldn’t have to pay attention at all).

My point remains. I don’t mind surveillance via the camera; I just wish it meant I didn’t have to keep as much pressure on the yoke

Upvote 0
Yea, but we are in fact helping them by providing data for their AI. Besides, what difference does it make. If I screw up, it’s not like they will accept responsibility. Now if their system was responsible, I might understand it ( but in that case I shouldn’t have to pay attention at all).

My point remains. I don’t mind surveillance via the camera; I just wish it meant I didn’t have to keep as much pressure on the yoke
I just lightly hang on to one side of the bottom of the yoke. It doesn't take much force. But If you use two hands, it often cancels out the torque. So I learned to lay my left hand in my lap, and hook four fingers over the top of the bottom spoke of the yoke, very relaxed. If it moves around too much, it just slips out of my hand. I usually just let go during a car controlled maneuver, and hook back on with my fingers when it returns.

In general, It is much easier with the yoke, than with a round wheel, although the same technique can be used for either.

Upvote 0
Incorrect response to 1 thing here. I think the poster meant doesn't matter no matter what dont touch phone for police matters. I can say FSDb doesn't use camera if not engaged. So if disengage it you can do anything doesn't matter. Also SS goes away (unless Tesla insurance) so can drive it how you want once get FSDb. You can't cover camera, it knows, I tried lol. As for 5 disengagements you are out FSDb until they do a reset usually 1x/year.

Upvote 0