Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any non interior camera cars been opted into the FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X without the interior camera. It has MCU2, FSD, and just got the camera upgrade. Has anyone with this configuration been invited into the FSD Beta?
Did you receive an email from Tesla indicating your car was eligible for the camera upgrade? I've seen earlier reports of owners getting an email and, once they get it, there's an additional option in their app allowing specifically requesting this camera upgrade. Was that the process for you?

I've been waiting for some kind of news with my 2017 Model X, but still have heard nothing. I found this thread while searching for other people's experiences. I already have FSD computer + MCU2, just not the camera retrofit. I'm glad they've started doing Model X - a service center employee told me a while ago they had started on the S but not X.

Did you receive an email from Tesla indicating your car was eligible for the camera upgrade? I've seen earlier reports of owners getting an email and, once they get it, there's an additional option in their app allowing specifically requesting this camera upgrade. Was that the process for you?

I've been waiting for some kind of news with my 2017 Model X, but still have heard nothing. I found this thread while searching for other people's experiences. I already have FSD computer + MCU2, just not the camera retrofit. I'm glad they've started doing Model X - a service center employee told me a while ago they had started on the S but not X.
You have to wait for the "camera" option to show up in the phone app. Mine showed up a couple of weeks back. That is the only way.

I don't think it's about the interior camera. My pre-refresh 2021 Model S doesn't have an interior camera and I've had FSD Beta since 10.4 when I got in with a 98 last November after a month of Safety Score-keeping.
Worth clarifying for others reading this: I'm not sure when interior cameras showed up, I interpreted this as just being a way to identify the age range of the car.

The actual camera upgrade/retrofit in question pertains to the autopilot cameras around the car (Tesla starts retrofit program for cameras on older vehicles with 'Full Self-Driving'). I believe the real discriminator is whether your car was originally delivered with AP 2.0 (as opposed to 2.5 or 3). AP 2.0 cars, even if they have gotten their MCU and FSD computer upgraded since, need the camera retrofit.