Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any owners used a 110v outlet to charge your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a RAV4 EV I've been charging on a 110v outlet. My commute is only 20 miles, and as long as I can plug in for 12 hours or so, I get 25-30 miles no problem. I've never really had an issue where I was running low. If you're going to take a trip it might take some more planning, or a trip to a supercharger but It's free and works fine for 95% of my driving so I'll take it.

Yeah, the 20 amp 120 volt charging gets about 5 mph in norcal... you are not in a cold climate so you should get that. The model 3 will be about 15% more efficient in energy usage, so I'd expect closer to 6mph.

For you efficiency is more important than range (more mph charging) so get all wheel drive for sure. I.e. if you gain range by getting a large battery you only gain that range once per round trip (when the battery is full) but when you gain range through efficiency you gain at every charge.

Yeah, the 20 amp 120 volt charging gets about 5 mph in norcal... you are not in a cold climate so you should get that. The model 3 will be about 15% more efficient in energy usage, so I'd expect closer to 6mph.

For you efficiency is more important than range (more mph charging) so get all wheel drive for sure. I.e. if you gain range by getting a large battery you only gain that range once per round trip (when the battery is full) but when you gain range through efficiency you gain at every charge.
Although, AWD adds a handful of miles only. And when driving long distances, and not city driving, I would be curious to see how much of a difference the dual-motor regen actually makes.

This just shows what complete idiots people can be! I suspect he had an enemy in his camp :) Every town has that asshole loudmouth complaining about things like $2 worth of "tax payer electricity" . That same moron is probably unemployed and sucking off the government teet.

Thing is, that article is not the whole story... This guy wasn't even there for the stated reason.. He was playing tennis on a middle school's court where he had no child that attends the school AND the school had previously told him he was not welcome and not to come back! .. And he lied to the cop..
Read the updated full story at the end of this..

Leaf Driver Arrested In Ga. For Taking 5 Cents Of Electricity - HybridCars.com

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and Rocky_H
Thing is, that article is not the whole story... This guy wasn't even there for the stated reason.. He was playing tennis on a middle school's court where he had no child that attends the school AND the school had previously told him he was not welcome and not to come back! .. And he lied to the cop..
Read the updated full story at the end of this..

Leaf Driver Arrested In Ga. For Taking 5 Cents Of Electricity - HybridCars.com
Thank you. You got an informative from me. I hate how many places misrepresented that story. It was trespassing, mainly.