TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Have any P100D's with ventilated seats been delivered yet?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by viper2ko, Jun 23, 2018.

1. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Curious to see if they improved the seat design

2. yo mama

yo mama Supporting Member

Curious about that too. The seats were my family's only major gripe when we got our first MS. Hopefully the ventilated seats will appease them.

3. sw4819284

sw4819284 Member

Took delivery of our new S yesterday with ventilated seats. They seem to work just about as well as the vented seats in some of our other cars - you can definitely feel the air coming through them.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  4. lorenzo_t

lorenzo_t Member

Any way you could upload some upclose pics, pretty please? Also, any noise when running cooling in higher settings? Thanks and enjoy your car!

5. Mobius484

Mobius484 Member

I am curious. I have these in my 12/16 90D MS. I quite like them as they do seem to keep me cool in the buttocks and crotch, but yes they are kind of loud at a 3 setting. Being picky here, as they do the job, but I am curious to the improvements... just have to be good about cleaning them...

6. HandleX

HandleX Member

Here is what I posted about the ventilated seats in the X forum:

Received my X P100D on Friday 6/22. I used the ventilated seats on the car ride back home. It was in the 90's and I definitely felt a difference with them on. Basically, what my OA told me about the seats is true.
    • The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
    • The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
    • The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
    • The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference.
    IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4780.JPG IMG_4781.JPG IMG_4782.JPG

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Tes La Ferrari

Thanks for the pics -- do you know how they differ from the previous ones they used to offer before cancelling them or are they the same ?

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Can you clarify 2nd and 3rd? Do you mean the ventilated one is the narrow strip at the rear? (Not the teensy one, the one wholly in the open.)

9. HandleX

HandleX Member

Sorry, I have not seen the previous design for the perforated seats, so I can't compare them. I'm sure there are photos on this site.

Note: I have a 7 seat Model X P100D.
    The 2nd and 3rd rows have the same perforation design as the 1st row, so that the design is consistent throughout the car. I imagine they did the same thing on the Model S. I tried to upload a photo of the second row but the site gave an error.

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Lol, I thought you meant the rows of padding in the front seat.since all you showed was one seat. :D Never thought ‘back rows’ ever had ventilation. Thanks for the clarification!

• Like x 1
  11. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

The 2nd 3rd rows of the Model x have perforated seats but no ventilation. They only do it that way to keep the aesthetic look consistent. It would look weird if only the two front seats were perforated and the rest wern't.