Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any P100D's with ventilated seats been delivered yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious. I have these in my 12/16 90D MS. I quite like them as they do seem to keep me cool in the buttocks and crotch, but yes they are kind of loud at a 3 setting. Being picky here, as they do the job, but I am curious to the improvements... just have to be good about cleaning them...

Here is what I posted about the ventilated seats in the X forum:

Received my X P100D on Friday 6/22. I used the ventilated seats on the car ride back home. It was in the 90's and I definitely felt a difference with them on. Basically, what my OA told me about the seats is true.
  • The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
  • The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
  • The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
  • The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference.
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4783.JPG
    IMG_4783.JPG
    451.5 KB · Views: 62
Here is what I posted about the ventilated seats in the X forum:

Received my X P100D on Friday 6/22. I used the ventilated seats on the car ride back home. It was in the 90's and I definitely felt a difference with them on. Basically, what my OA told me about the seats is true.
  • The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
  • The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
  • The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
  • The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference.
View attachment 312064 View attachment 312065 View attachment 312066 View attachment 312067

Thanks for the pics -- do you know how they differ from the previous ones they used to offer before cancelling them or are they the same ?

Thanks for the pics -- do you know how they differ from the previous ones they used to offer before cancelling them or are they the same ?

Sorry, I have not seen the previous design for the perforated seats, so I can't compare them. I'm sure there are photos on this site.

Can you clarify 2nd and 3rd? Do you mean the ventilated one is the narrow strip at the rear? (Not the teensy one, the one wholly in the open.)

Note: I have a 7 seat Model X P100D.
The 2nd and 3rd rows have the same perforation design as the 1st row, so that the design is consistent throughout the car. I imagine they did the same thing on the Model S. I tried to upload a photo of the second row but the site gave an error.

Sorry, I have not seen the previous design for the perforated seats, so I can't compare them. I'm sure there are photos on this site.

Note: I have a 7 seat Model X P100D.
The 2nd and 3rd rows have the same perforation design as the 1st row, so that the design is consistent throughout the car. I imagine they did the same thing on the Model S. I tried to upload a photo of the second row but the site gave an error.
Lol, I thought you meant the rows of padding in the front seat.since all you showed was one seat. :D Never thought ‘back rows’ ever had ventilation. Thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: HandleX
Lol, I thought you meant the rows of padding in the front seat.since all you showed was one seat. :D Never thought ‘back rows’ ever had ventilation. Thanks for the clarification!

The 2nd 3rd rows of the Model x have perforated seats but no ventilation. They only do it that way to keep the aesthetic look consistent. It would look weird if only the two front seats were perforated and the rest wern't.