Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any (upgraded) AP2 cars received FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought FSD with my 2016 Mod S over five years ago. Got the free computer upgrade in June of 2020; just received the camera upgrade last week. My safety score has been at 99 for right at a month. Nothing yet.

Has anyone with a car this old-- but upgraded!-- received the beta FSD yet?

No from me. Also, to add insult to injury, they refused to do the camera upgrade when I scheduled it for service, saying they would notify me when it's 'my turn'. It's almost like I didn't shell out $10k for this vaporware.

No from me. Also, to add insult to injury, they refused to do the camera upgrade when I scheduled it for service, saying they would notify me when it's 'my turn'. It's almost like I didn't shell out $10k for this vaporware.

I sympathize with your frustration don't get me wrong, but if your cameras are that old, then the FSD price when you bought the car was more like $4 or $5k. I bought it on 6/2019 and paid $5k for FSD. Price did not go to $10K until late 2021.

I sympathize with your frustration don't get me wrong, but if your cameras are that old, then the FSD price when you bought the car was more like $4 or $5k. I bought it on 6/2019 and paid $5k for FSD. Price did not go to $10K until late 2021.
But one also had to have bought EAP for $5-7K first, to have the privilege of buying FSD for $3-5K. If the cameras are that old, there was no "free AP" either.

Reactions: Rxdr John
But one also had to have bought EAP for $5-7K first, to have the privilege of buying FSD for $3-5K. If the cameras are that old, there was no "free AP" either.
Yes that is true. I looked at my invoice and it states Autopilot at $3,000 and FSD for $5000. I agree with you it's a ridiculous amount of $$$ even at $8000, for something we may never get over the useful life of the car.

Reactions: Rxdr John
Bought FSD with my 2016 Mod S over five years ago. Got the free computer upgrade in June of 2020; just received the camera upgrade last week. My safety score has been at 99 for right at a month. Nothing yet.

Same here bro. I am so frustrated as they delayed my cam upgrade was supposed to be done 12/24 so thought Christmas I would get it but finally got the upgrade 1/13 and tech forgot to plug in the right side B pillar cam. Now that is fixed and still no beta…

This is correct almost. We paid 5k for autopilot and extra 2k for FSD that is 7k not much difference that today free autopilot and 10k FSD. Also it was described as a investment which early adopters should benefit most. Yes we got it 3k cheaper 5 yrs ago but with what benefits? To get FSD last?

Not that I have much to offer, but figured I’d chime in to help you look forward to it during your wait… I have a Dec 2016 MS, FSD computer installed July 2020, cameras upgraded Dec 2021, and FSD installed Dec 30th 2021. Just like so many have reported, it’s a mixed bag of increíble technology all the way to a scary rollercoaster ride, but all in all I’m so happy to finally have it after waiting 5 years for it. Definitely follow that thread that was linked to you, that helped me keep informed during my wait after “button”-gate. And check out/participate in the Google spreadsheet to get a better idea of AP2.0 FSD participant’s status. Good luck during your wait but keep the faith, your awesome car WILL get more awesome with FSD beta soon!

Reactions: dramsey and Lowchrg