Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have Enhanced Autopilot but didn't pay for it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, in the same boat.

I purchased an inventory Model S in Feb 2019 the day after all of the changes had happened. The car was originally designed with EAP, and it was on the spec sheet, but it was not possible to purchase EAP (I missed out by mere hours). I was happy to pay the original price for EAP to get Summon (which was $2,000 NZD more than the new AP) but they said they couldn't sell it to me. I was quite gutted because I really need Summon, but I don't $4,800 NZD (AP) + $8,000 NZD (FSD) need Summon when previously that would have cost $6,000 for EAP. Before anyone puts the boot in re: paying getting FSD, know that in New Zealand FSD is completely featureless. No NoA, no Advanced Summon, no Red Light feature.. Nothing. Also, every single feature normally arrives to NZ much later, and always crippled. So the value is extremely difficult to justify.

Anyway a few weeks later, I took delivery and EAP was enabled - including Summon. I think this is because the car is still running the December 2018 update, which probably had no idea about the incoming "EAP/FSD" to "AP/FSD" changes.

I was thinking it would stay under the radar.. but.. I saw a post on the Tesla Owners Worldwide Facebook Group last night where a member who recently took delivery and only specced AP had updated to the latest release (with Sentry) and lost their EAP features...

So, I think I must be the only person not looking forward to getting an update. Haha!