Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have FSD Beta / AP Problems? Do you also have...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to see a pattern, and am curious if there is some correlation.

If you have FSD Beta problems, AP Problems, tons of phantom braking, do you also have:

1) GPS issues. While driving, zoom in close on your car on the map. Is your car precisely where it should be on the road? If it's even a little off the road, let's investigate.

2) Auto wiper issues. Do your auto wipers fail horribly? Speed issues where it runs full speed with just a little rain. Or slow or no speed when it's raining heavy. Does it come on all the time when your windshield is clean and dry?

3) Auto high-beam issues. Do your high beams come on when there's clearly cars coming? Does it enable and disable and enable again with no rhyme or reason, like a strobe show?

4) FCW issues. Does your car show forward collision warnings frequently with nothing around you?

All these systems rely on the cameras, or are connected to the cameras (the GPS receiver is in the cabin camera / front camera housing). Having problems in one area may cause problems in other areas, even if they don't seem connected.

Let's see if we can find a correlation. And let's look at the opposite too. Do you have terrible auto wipers but have excellent FSD Beta / AP?

Reactions: GWord
Auto Wipers and Auto High-Beams are a huge issue when using the FSD beta or Autopilot. I took a 4 hour round trip drive over the weekend, 2 hours during the day and 2 hours at night, and the Auto Wipers came on at the same place on a street that it did once before, spraying water everywhere on my just detailed clean Model 3 and other vehicles. I was so pissed and couldn't make the wipers stop. Then all of sudden the rainbow display came on, not sure what I did to make that come on. I swear I'm never using the beta again! Then on the highway during the day and night with NOA on, Autopilot kept wanting to move my car out of the cruising lane to go into the passing lane, when no one was in front my car in the cruising lane. This happened at least 50 times! I have it set to notify my and not automatically change lanes, so I kept pressing the cancel button but it kept wanting to change lanes over and over. You'd think if I cancel it then it should stay cancelled for a least a mile. Then add in the Auto High-Beams constantly blinding oncoming traffic and cars in front of me, my frustration level was at an all time high.

Why can't Tesla fix this stuff?! Seems like instead they keep adding new games and now want to add Zoom to our cars. How about fix the things that don't work right, Auto Wipes, Auto High-Beams oh and, the Dashcam Viewer!

Hi - I have a new Model S (2022) running 22.36.20 - FSD 10.69.3.1. I live in Boulder CO and am seeing some serious issues with my map location getting "off track" in certain locations near where I live. If FSD is engaged when this is happening the car will start to change lanes opposite where it should be heading. I have to disengage FSD as it becomes dangerous very quickly. Here are a few examples from a trip yesterday. Anyone have any ideas how to fix the map position?

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

In all of these pictures I was driving on South Boulder Road - where the blue route line is shown. Every time I drive through this intersection the navigation goes crazy - and FSD gets seriously messed up.

I suspect I have a problem with the GPS in my car - will call Telsa service to get it checked out.

Hi - I have a new Model S (2022) running 22.36.20 - FSD 10.69.3.1. I live in Boulder CO and am seeing some serious issues with my map location getting "off track" in certain locations near where I live. If FSD is engaged when this is happening the car will start to change lanes opposite where it should be heading. I have to disengage FSD as it becomes dangerous very quickly. Here are a few examples from a trip yesterday. Anyone have any ideas how to fix the map position?

View attachment 885264

View attachment 885265

View attachment 885266

In all of these pictures I was driving on South Boulder Road - where the blue route line is shown. Every time I drive through this intersection the navigation goes crazy - and FSD gets seriously messed up.

I suspect I have a problem with the GPS in my car - will call Telsa service to get it checked out.
An interesting test would be to see if it acts up on your phone as well, that would eliminate the possibility of it being interference and narrow it down to the car.

Starting to see a pattern, and am curious if there is some correlation.

If you have FSD Beta problems, AP Problems, tons of phantom braking, do you also have:

1) GPS issues. While driving, zoom in close on your car on the map. Is your car precisely where it should be on the road? If it's even a little off the road, let's investigate.

2) Auto wiper issues. Do your auto wipers fail horribly? Speed issues where it runs full speed with just a little rain. Or slow or no speed when it's raining heavy. Does it come on all the time when your windshield is clean and dry?

3) Auto high-beam issues. Do your high beams come on when there's clearly cars coming? Does it enable and disable and enable again with no rhyme or reason, like a strobe show?

4) FCW issues. Does your car show forward collision warnings frequently with nothing around you?

All these systems rely on the cameras, or are connected to the cameras (the GPS receiver is in the cabin camera / front camera housing). Having problems in one area may cause problems in other areas, even if they don't seem connected.

Let's see if we can find a correlation. And let's look at the opposite too. Do you have terrible auto wipers but have excellent FSD Beta / AP?
AP works pretty well for me but FSDb is problematic. I experience phantom braking at specific roadway locations most of which are straight roadway sections.

1) never
2) never
3) Probably working as designed, improved since last sw update
4) never

View attachment 885264

View attachment 885265

View attachment 885266

It's definitely a GPS problem. Keep us informed how things work after you get GPS sorted.

AP works pretty well for me but FSDb is problematic. I experience phantom braking at specific roadway locations most of which are straight roadway sections.

1) never
2) never
3) Probably working as designed, improved since last sw update
4) never
Are your PBs mild (less than 5mph drop in speed), moderate (between 5-15mph), or severe (over 15mph decline, or AEB engagement)?