Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have I done the right thing? New LR vs s/h Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You and everyone on here knows the answer to your question, if you buy the performance you will always be glad you did, if you buy the LR you will always look with envy at every performance than goes past you and wish you had listened to your heart instead of being a tightwad.

Yep, exactly this! Had the LR with boost and absolutely loved it. Listening to the head I'd convinced myself that it was the better option for me.... high mileage, softer ride, etc. But I got a little green twinge every time I saw a P - circumstances are such that I'm changing - I've gone with the heart this time :D

Reactions: Gatsojon
You and everyone on here knows the answer to your question, if you buy the performance you will always be glad you did, if you buy the LR you will always look with envy at every performance than goes past you and wish you had listened to your heart instead of being a tightwad.
in some ways I wish I had bought a P and swapped the wheels for some that would not break on the first pot hole.
The only reason though is that I bought in 2019. LR is about the same price now as I paid. P is about 6K more so guessing P would have been a better bet residual wise.

I only went for LR over the P as I wanted a tow hitch for carrying bikes.

Y seems to have solved this as you can have a model Y P with tow hitch.

It’s a practical consideration for some.

This is the exact reason I went for the LR over the performance, I wanted a tow hitch and my roads are better suited to the 18's, the performance wheels would last a few days before they would be destroyed.

One reason I went for the LR was I'm getting on a bit & didn't want hot rod kids trying to race red callipers & spoiler. I do have the acceleration boost though, mainly for safer overtaking & a tow bar for trips to the tip with a trailer.

Not being the showy type, any desire to impress is a long distant memory so a plain but stealthy Tesla is fine by me.

One reason I went for the LR was I'm getting on a bit & didn't want hot rod kids trying to race red callipers & spoiler. I do have the acceleration boost though, mainly for safer overtaking & a tow bar for trips to the tip with a trailer.

Not being the showy type, any desire to impress is a long distant memory so a plain but stealthy Tesla is fine by me.
Stealthy sounds just fine ;)

To answer the OP's question, yes you've done the right thing ordering an LR.

Yes the P is great but I've decided to trade mine in for an LR. I want a towbar. Order placed today.

It will be interesting to see if I actually notice any performance difference, probably not. And even if I do, I get a 2021 model, with the towbar for almost zero cost after trade in. And orders placed now are being matched to cars unloading from the China shipment this weekend.

I couldn't see any downside, am I missing something?