Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have I locked in a price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Come on now. Let’s get back to reality.

Come on now. Let’s get back to reality.
Maybe start with the reality that Ford and GM have had much much more trouble with supply chain shortages than Tesla.

While we’re at it, we should probably acknowledge that Ford has produced less than half the number of Mach Es this year than what they estimated originally. And maybe take note of the fact that both Ford and GM have had to pause production of their highly profitable ICE truck lines due to supply shortages… while Tesla managed to increase production by 75%.

But somehow these companies—which have yet to produce EVs profitably—are going to be less impacted by supply chain shortages than Tesla?

Somehow between the two they will be able to produce a truck for less than Tesla and will be immune to the rising costs you quote?

Tesla has been doing this for 2 years. They had enough time to build a factory and secure long term contracts with manufacturers for materials.

They aren’t going to spend all that time only to destroy that backlog of customers by massively changing the bargain with their reservation holders.

Maybe start with the reality that Ford and GM have had much much more trouble with supply chain shortages than Tesla.

While we’re at it, we should probably acknowledge that Ford has produced less than half the number of Mach Es this year than what they estimated originally. And maybe take note of the fact that both Ford and GM have had to pause production of their highly profitable ICE truck lines due to supply shortages… while Tesla managed to increase production by 75%.

But somehow these companies—which have yet to produce EVs profitably—are going to be less impacted by supply chain shortages than Tesla?

Somehow between the two they will be able to produce a truck for less than Tesla and will be immune to the rising costs you quote?

Tesla has been doing this for 2 years. They had enough time to build a factory and secure long term contracts with manufacturers for materials.

They aren’t going to spend all that time only to destroy that backlog of customers by massively changing the bargain with their reservation holders.

I don’t understand why you keep bringing up Ford and GM when they don’t follow the Tesla Model? Ford and GM advertise one price and dealers sell at another, you can either get a great deal or get a shitty deal.

Tesla has a factory built to build the Cybertruck? News to me.

In case you haven’t noticed, Teslas bread and butter are the Model Y and 3.

I don’t understand why you keep bringing up Ford and GM when they don’t follow the Tesla Model? Ford and GM advertise one price and dealers sell at another, you can either get a great deal or get a shitty deal.

Tesla has a factory built to build the Cybertruck? News to me.

In case you haven’t noticed, Teslas bread and butter are the Model Y and 3.
Because they have been impacted far more by the supply shortages and price hikes than Tesla.

And yes, one of the 3 buildings at Tera Texas is dedicated to Cybertruck production. They also purchased 2 massive Giga presses specifically for Cybertruck production. There is nearly as much space dedicated to Cybertruck production as there is for the Model Y. Considering they don’t need a paint shop, it’s likely volume will be as high as Model Y volume from Texas at peak.

Also, while the Model 3 and Model Y are currently Tesla‘s bread and butter, things change. Tesla has put massive investment in the Cybertruck and their pricing and pre-orders suggest quite strongly that it is going to out-sell the Model 3 in the US for at least the next 2-3 years and likely into the future. Trucks outsell sedans in the US, it is very likely the Cybertruck or some other truck will always outsell the Model 3 in the US.

I think some people need to go back and rewatch the unveil of the Cybertruck.

After people got over the shell shock of the appearance of the truck, the only other bomb which really blew the crowd away was the price. That is singularly the most interesting thing about this truck. I know I’m not the only person who feels this way. Value is absolutely a feature.

Musk has on multiple occasions talked about how they don’t make concept cars then disappoint people with production cars which are not as good.

You can see him talking about it in the Leno piece here.

Increasing the Cybertruck pricing after the fact absolutely goes against that entire concept. They might as well try to replace it with a mini-van or and SUV if they don’t hit the price point. I’m not alone on this and Tesla knows it.
I agree. When I made the reservation, there were three different configurations and a price for each. I reserved the dual-motor with a listed base price of $49k, should I not expect that is what the base price will be?

Reactions: Ogre
I can’t, but RWD was $39,990, dual was $49,990 and tri was $69,990. FSD was either $7,000, $8,000, or $10,000.
I found a screen shot from earlier this week.

Attachments

• Cybertruck pricing 10 Oct 2021.jpg
    Cybertruck pricing 10 Oct 2021.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 105
If you all want this question answered, upvote my question at Say

Currently the 15th most weighted question by shares

ANONYMOUS RETAIL INVESTOR ASKS
Retail
For those of us who reserved Cybertrucks with prices listed when we reserved, will those prices be honored or are they subject to change?”

2 wheel drive trucks can't be driven in canada because of the snow. literally don't exist here not to mention the lack off off road and range capability. canada is a huge truck market so have to believe tesla will pump out the tri motor first. I think my tri motor EDD changed to something like 2024 so don't think we will see these in canada for a real years to come

2 wheel drive trucks can't be driven in canada because of the snow. literally don't exist here not to mention the lack off off road and range capability. canada is a huge truck market so have to believe tesla will pump out the tri motor first. I think my tri motor EDD changed to something like 2024 so don't think we will see these in canada for a real years to come
Just curious, why do you think the 3-motor will come before the 2-motor when most of the orders are for the dual motor?

the tri motor will have a much higher profit margin and most likely tri motor buyers will add all the goodies as well like FSD, homelink etc.......just a theory. they might do the dual motor if it's significantly easier and faster to manufacture if deadlines and revenue projections become a factor

Besides, they
the tri motor will have a much higher profit margin and most likely tri motor buyers will add all the goodies as well like FSD, homelink etc.......just a theory. they might do the dual motor if it's significantly easier and faster to manufacture if deadlines and revenue projections become a factor
Depends on the EV credit details. If there is an $80k cap, that makes anything more than a couple add ons pretty unlikely. If you get FSD, that means getting the nice wheel set is going to cost you close to $10,000. $2000 for the wheels and $8000 In lost incentives.