Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have I locked in a price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What feature? Link lists 9, but several are redundant, several are meh (such non-sequitur accessories are usually underwhelming), and rest are featured on CT.

Bluetooth speaker & flashlight? Minor bonuses, cheaper & better easily available - but now that space & money already spent.

On-truck tent? When assembled, you can’t go anywhere. Never could understand those.

Electric & compressed air outlets? CT standard.

“Basement” storage? Kinda neat, but CT trumps by using that space for full bed access from cabin.

Reactions: tren01t
“Basement” storage? Kinda neat, but CT trumps by using that space for full bed access from cabin.
We’re not really sure what the CT bed access from the cabin will be like so don’t get too excited.

Personally, very excited about the sail pillar storage myself. Lots of small stuff ends up bouncing around in the bed of my truck because I have nowhere to put it. Chest height cabinets in the side of the truck are fantastic.

As for the rest, totally agree, the flashlight and speaker? Meh. The important features they talk about, compressor and AC out were announced on the Cybertruck launch event 2 years ago.

Anyone know if this issue (Cybertruck reservation prices and specs) was mentioned at the recent earning call?
No they were not.

Aside from the fact that they mentioned the Cybertruck is more or less on track with the revised schedule, they didn’t mention a ton. This is the only couple rather vague bits about the Cybertruck specifically.

And the second question is related to Cybertruck.

Who is the supplier looking at if you look at the exoskeleton steel? Is the supply for that material sufficient for immediate ramp-up, say, in '23, '24 time for Cybertruck? That's all from me.

Lars Moravy -- Vice President, Vehicle Engineering

Yeah. Sure. So obviously, as we've noted in the past, we developed our own stainless-steel grade for the exterior of Cybertruck to meet both the durability and corrosion requirements required for an automotive world. With this raw material and others, as Drew mentioned, we continue to look at multiple sources.

We have made some early sourcing decisions in that, but I think we'll keep that one internal, and we've already begun the first casting-ins of that. Rolling stainless isn't so different from pulling any other material. It's just about how hard the rollers are to get to that hardness level. And, you know, just like every manufacturing process we put in for every new vehicle, we'll work with our suppliers and vendors to make sure those timelines and supplies meet the need and demand of our customers.

Elon said that we'd get an update on Cybertruck in November a year ago but it hasn't happened and we know there are a lot of updates. Will you show off the new and improved Cybertruck?

Lars Moravy -- Vice President, Vehicle Engineering

Yeah. Thanks, Martin. We get a lot of questions on Cybertruck. We've been busy detailing the Cybertruck to achieve the prototype version we shared with customers a while back.

As you may have seen recently in social media, we've built a number of alphas and are currently testing those to further mature the design. And while those point out a few key additions like rear wheel steering, there are also a number of smaller or less visible improvements though the product is largely true to the initial vision. We'll continue to work through the product in the beta

Reactions: Plasmid_Boy
One for me please....rear wheel steering that is. I've never driven a car with rear wheel steer. It doesn't take a lot to excite me lol😁. you know, if we can entertain ourselves like this keeping us busy discussing of what maybe included in the CT; it'll pass the time and next thing you know, it's 2023 and Tesla have started delivering CT's and then we're going to start discussing issues with the truck instead of what may come with it, the price, etc. 🤣🤣🤣

Tesla just bumped up their prices again. Now there’s no debate on which Tesla to buy, $39k Cybertruck or $43k Model SR+ hmmmmmm
The Cybertruck will never be $39k, CT pricing was recently removed and we will be lucky if they build that RWD trim this decade. My guess is CT Dual Motor will be at least $55k-$60k and Tri-motor will be $75k-$80k.

I ordered the first day, and I wish I'd taken screenshots.
I'm thought I remember the "autopilot" option being 5K, which was the locked in price. I could be imagining things...
Does anyone else remember this, or have screenshots of the autopilot or FSD options?

I'm also willing to bet that Tesla didn't factor in this supply chain shortage and inflation...which will inevitably bring their costs way up from those estimates in 2019.