Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have I locked in a price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the first day, and I wish I'd taken screenshots.
I'm thought I remember the "autopilot" option being 5K, which was the locked in price. I could be imagining things...
Does anyone else remember this, or have screenshots of the autopilot or FSD options?

I'm also willing to bet that Tesla didn't factor in this supply chain shortage and inflation...which will inevitably bring their costs way up from those estimates in 2019.
Autopilot is included, FSD was $7k at launch.

I would like an option for FSD camera/hardware delete and knock $3,500 off the price.
Don’t hold your breath there, cameras are used for safety features and traffic aware cruise control. Tesla doesn’t do normal cruise control so without the cameras, no cruise control.

Good news is FSD is optional and electrical tape to block the cameras and lose out on safety features and cruise control is only $0.50. You can make your own tinfoil hat.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I'm reminded of a guy ranting about how he hated CDs so much he had the included CD player in his wife's car removed and replaced with an only-radio unit. His prime justification was that CDs were expensive. He wasn't happy when I observed that one can choose to not buy CDs, and that replacing the CD player cost him far more than a good number of CDs.

If you're that adamant about eliminating any bit of self-driving ability from the vehicle (to the point of paying to have cameras and computers removed), then maybe a Tesla Cybertruck really isn't for you.

There's a busy thread about Ford offering drop-in EV motors as ICE replacements. That's probably the real desired solution for the "no auto-drive please".

There's a busy thread about Ford offering drop-in EV motors as ICE replacements. That's probably the real desired solution for the "no auto-drive please".
Who knows, maybe there is a market for produces which pop into where the Tesla cameras normally go.

While we have our tin foil hats on, it’s probably more important to figure out how to neuter the cellular modem, wifi, and Bluetooth. Then your car/ truck won’t get any updates and you can likely replace the console with something much smaller since the map no longer works. Of course you’d probably want to remove Bluetooth which will means you gotta use the key card.

I think you’re right, the crate motor approach is probably the best bet for a tin-foil hat safe truck.

I have been unable to read all the ... posts.
But I do know what I read has no basis in fact. None at all. So I don't feel as though I am doing anything wrong by being just as ...personal.
I think the Cyber(nota)truck will come in within 5% of estimated price. Whether 5% lower or higher I do not know. of the posts I read I did not read any mentioning the lowering cost of batteries nor the gigapress lowering the cost of labor and parts.
I don't know shhhhugar. I am in a flock of similarly feathered individiuals in that regard.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
I have been unable to read all the ... posts.
But I do know what I read has no basis in fact. None at all. So I don't feel as though I am doing anything wrong by being just as ...personal.
I think the Cyber(nota)truck will come in within 5% of estimated price. Whether 5% lower or higher I do not know. of the posts I read I did not read any mentioning the lowering cost of batteries nor the gigapress lowering the cost of labor and parts.
I don't know shhhhugar. I am in a flock of similarly feathered individiuals in that regard.
So, you can rule out 5% lower as well as the originally announced pricing. That is why they pulled it off the website. The market has changed, supply and demand has changed. I would expect a minimum 10% increase, which will put a dual motor at $55k plus destination. This would still be competitive in the full size truck market, especially considering the fuel savings of a V8 truck.

So, you can rule out 5% lower as well as the originally announced pricing. That is why they pulled it off the website. The market has changed, supply and demand has changed. I would expect a minimum 10% increase, which will put a dual motor at $55k plus destination. This would still be competitive in the full size truck market, especially considering the fuel savings of a V8 truck.
People ordering a Cybertruck today have no reference price or even reference configurations. That is fact, you can see the effect online.

Extrapolating what that means for people who ordered when the configuration was online is conjecture. Some folks seem to struggle with the difference between the two.

It feels to me like the EV incentive legislation gives them a some wiggle room. It also puts a pretty hard cap on the top end Cybertruck. Seems pretty unlikely they will bump the cost of the tri motor over the threshold to qualify for the incentive. That would cost Tesla customers an extra $8000 without adding any money to their pockets.

Even there, a $77k Tri motor Cybertruck would mean there is little room for upgrades. Getting that off-road wheel set might end up costing you $11,500 instead of $3500. Suddenly FSD costs $18,000 or 15,000 instead of $10,000.

Rivian is in that boat too, I think this measure is cancelling the older one which had no cap.

the *cheapest* Model 3 is now $45k ... so absolutely ZERO chance anyone will see a sub-$40k CT coming for when it's time to finalize your order.

my guess is no RWD CT at all and the AWD CT with 300 miles range will be priced ~Model Y AWD as a benchmark. So high 50s...

lol....... $50k will be the cheapest if we are lucky, I am betting $55k for the Dual and $75k for the Tri, especially since they will up the limit to $80k for the Federal Rebate

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
My prediction they will cut the standard range RWD and keep LR AWD and Tri motor. Prices will go from 49 to 55 and from 59 to 65. Plus all the crazy options like wheels and god knows what. I do hope they will honor the pre order prices. But most likely that ain’t going to happen.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
My prediction they will cut the standard range RWD and keep LR AWD and Tri motor. Prices will go from 49 to 55 and from 59 to 65. Plus all the crazy options like wheels and god knows what. I do hope they will honor the pre order prices. But most likely that ain’t going to happen.
I think folks are trying to project too far into the future here.

The RWD truck will be released. It’s just a matter of when. It might be so far out that people with pre orders are basically screwed, but this is a long term project. Tesla will want to compete with the entry level trucks. Toyota just released their 2WD truck with a half cab for about $36k which raised some eyebrows.

(Also, I think you meant to say $69 goes to 75.)

I think the chances of a price bump increase if an incentive passes.

I think folks are trying to project too far into the future here.

The RWD truck will be released. It’s just a matter of when. It might be so far out that people with pre orders are basically screwed, but this is a long term project. Tesla will want to compete with the entry level trucks. Toyota just released their 2WD truck with a half cab for about $36k which raised some eyebrows.

(Also, I think you meant to say $69 goes to 75.)

I think the chances of a price bump increase if an incentive passes.
the cheapest Model Y in AWD is over $57k. Talking about price increases of the Cybertruck as something hypothetical when Tesla purposely removed any pricing from their site is beyond hilarious. There is literally *ZERO* chance that Tesla will price a very capable, 300 miles EPA; AWD truck which requires a much larger battery than the Y at $49k and ($8k) below the Y. and that's irrespective of potential future incentives.

the cheapest Model Y in AWD is over $57k. Talking about price increases of the Cybertruck as something hypothetical when Tesla purposely removed any pricing from their site is beyond hilarious. There is literally *ZERO* chance that Tesla will price a very capable, 300 miles EPA; AWD truck which requires a much larger battery than the Y at $49k and ($8k) below the Y. and that's irrespective of potential future incentives.

Do we really need to bring this stupid argument up again **EVERY SINGLE TIME** someone mentions the possibility that prices won’t raise?

I’m not changing my mind.

You’re not changing your mind.

We really don’t need to debate this every single time someone mentions this possibility. If you really want to rehash the same stupid argument again, just flip back a few pages. None of what I said has changed. None of what you are going to say will change.

That way I won’t have to block you for being a jerk.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Do we really need to bring this stupid argument up again **EVERY SINGLE TIME** someone mentions the possibility that prices won’t raise?

I’m not changing my mind.

You’re not changing your mind.

We really don’t need to debate this every single time someone mentions this possibility. If you really want to rehash the same stupid argument again, just flip back a few pages. None of what I said has changed. None of what you are going to say will change.

That way I won’t have to block you for being a jerk.
so you think the prices are going to go up?