Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have others received this text message and how long did it ACTUALLY take to get it delivered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this text last night (first real specific correspondence from Tesla). Do we think it will actually be here in 2-4 weeks?!

MSM With white interior performance (no PUP) with hitch and FSD

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Seems like almost everyone without a car yet on this forum got that text (or one that said 10 days instead of 2 - 4 weeks). End of Quarter is 4 weeks away so I would think saying you'll get it within 4 weeks is as accurate as you're going to get.

Last edited:
Received this text last night (first real specific correspondence from Tesla). Do we think it will actually be here in 2-4 weeks?!

MSM With white interior performance (no PUP) with hitch and FSD

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday
Got the same message but no vin #

Seems like almost everyone without a car yet on this forum got that text (or one that said 10 days instead of 2 - 4 weeks). End of Quarter is 4 weeks away so I would think saying you'll get it within 4 weeks is as accurate as you're going to get.
yep. good point.

Here is what the sales rep at the Cherry Creek Colorado center told me about delivery. Not sure if it is accurate but basically he said:

"Telsa delivers from east coast to west coast over the coarse of the quarter so Colorado typically gets its shipment 4-6 weeks into the quarter (since we are middle of the country) If you are lucky, your car will arrive mid June and if you are unlucky, it will be in early September".

Seems to make sense that I would get a notification now for sometime in the next 2-4 weeks (middle-end of quarter) based on what he told me. Maybe that means I will be "lucky"...