Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have recently delivered Falcon Wings gotten better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to re-post, but I wasn't happy with the title I chose before, but this forum doesn't let you edit.

I'm still concerned about the Falcon Wing doors on the model X. I know that the Falcon Wing doors have had many problems from the beginning. But I've also heard from Tesla that those problems have now been resolved. I'd like to test that statement by asking the folks that have taken delivery recently. What has your experience been like with the Falcon Wing doors in terms of function and reliability? Are they getting stuck in the cycle for no reason? Are they always closing properly? Any repairs needed?

t would be great to know if the problems are in the past and not an issue anymore, or if it's just better than it was before, but still a problem.

Took delivery in June (0049xx) and zero issues with FWD open/close. They did update the SW a few times to make them more aware of their surroundings - they are more cautious/smarter now the before ... Only things done to mine were some excess glue on the inside (they fixed) and a slight alignment issue where I thought one side had a slightly larger gap - again they fixed

Sorry to re-post, but I wasn't happy with the title I chose before, but this forum doesn't let you edit.

I'm still concerned about the Falcon Wing doors on the model X. I know that the Falcon Wing doors have had many problems from the beginning. But I've also heard from Tesla that those problems have now been resolved. I'd like to test that statement by asking the folks that have taken delivery recently. What has your experience been like with the Falcon Wing doors in terms of function and reliability? Are they getting stuck in the cycle for no reason? Are they always closing properly? Any repairs needed?

t would be great to know if the problems are in the past and not an issue anymore, or if it's just better than it was before, but still a problem.

Also delivered in early June, no issues with the FWD and now they close much faster after the 8.0 update! Had other issues (A/C, front driver side and passenger side door latch, alignment, acceleration shudder, key fob drain, gasket alignment, heat, etc...) but the FW doors work!

Was picking my car up from the Toronto West Service Center yesterday (in for it's "Annual") and there was a guy there with an X whose falcon wing door wouldn't close. He had just picked the car up brand new from the Toronto East location and hadn't even been home with it yet. They got him into a MB SUV rental as I was there.

took delivery on dec 7, only problem was my driver side fwd detecting phantom objects. Happened on two occasions, but a recalibration got it to work again.

@bushburner How did you get the door sensors re-calibrated?

I just picked up my X 90D on 12/15 and have driver side door sensor issues. My driver side FWD and driver door keep detecting phantom objects (80%+ of the time). I emailed service center and made a followup call. They said they were going to pull the logs. That was yesterday and I still haven't heard back.

I have my children in the 2nd row seats and it is getting reaaaaaally annoying to take the child on that side in and out. I have to open the driver door, reach around the inside, and force override by holding the FWD lever up until the door opens all the way.

Did you happen to get 2.48 with the beginnings of the AP2 features? They said they were pushing it down to my my vehicle at delivery and it's been 2 days and still no software update. The car is still running 2.46 and hasn't asked to install an update yet.