Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have there been any upgrades recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
My car hasn't received an update in several months. I am on 2.7.77 which was installed at the Lawrence SC when they put my winter tires on in early November. I actually didn't even receive the V7.0 upgrade properly - after several weeks I called Tesla and they had me reboot the screen and they pushed it out to me again - and then a few days later the SC did the upgrade. I am wondering if my car is not receiving updates for some reason.

I have a P85D delivered exactly a year ago and in the last year I probably received at least an upgrade per month.

I haven't received any updates in the past few months either. There is nothing unusual about that. Not everyone gets every minor release-- some are configuration-specific.
Ok good. I know what you are saying but I would guess that from the time I got my car in Jan of 2015 that there wasn't a month that went by without getting an update of one sort or another, and there haven't been many "minor changes and bug fixes" for V7 which is unusual since there were so many changes in V7.

I actually contacted Tesla regarding the minor updates since I kept hearing about people getting changes and I really got nothing. They let me know that big updates go out to everyone over a set period of time over the air (OTA) and then more minor updates are done when people come in for winter tires or other service related issues. Most minor updates don't go out OTA. That being said, they did let me know that an update should be coming in mid jan 2016.

Cheers.

I just got 7.1 (2.9.154) this morning. Has some new features, such as automatic Homelink activation, and new options for auto door lock/unlock.

No word on whether they fixed the annoying problem I've been having with navigation maps (frequent failure to update).

I'm still on 2.7.256 from October. I had an update scheduled on Nov 2, but it disappeared when I had to reboot my screen. Tranmere told me it had nothing to do with my reboot, that they pulled that update.
I don't understand the seemingly random update scheme....sigh

I too haven't gotten an update since 7.0. No tweaks after that at all after One a month or so. I haven't received the 7.1 yet but I have moved and now don't have wifi in the garage. Only on weekends at the cottage. Hopefully will get it soon. The auto drive looking forward to that. I use it a lot on eat to cottage and driving by Hwy exits have been a challenge. :)