Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have there been studies on possible health effects of ev's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
I wonder sitting on all those batteries in the car and the large screen and wifi in the car if there are seriously any possible health effects? I mean we all know cell phones can cause cancer and 5g is dangerous as is wifi waves all around us but i am just curious how safe driving these cars day to day is or may be. Its a serious question and not trolling.

Even if independent (key word) scientific research indicates that something unique to this style car causes increased negative health issue I'd like to see how this compares to similar symptoms/ailments of vehicles of the ICE variety. The data coming out lately on exhaust fumes and it's direct correlation to some of our worst diseases is quite alarming and we're only scratching the surface of things like that.

I wonder sitting on all those batteries in the car and the large screen and wifi in the car if there are seriously any possible health effects? I mean we all know cell phones can cause cancer and 5g is dangerous as is wifi waves all around us but i am just curious how safe driving these cars day to day is or may be. Its a serious question and not trolling.
We all don't know cell phones cause cancer. Source Cellular Phones
And like Ostrichsak said, can't be worse than the carbon spewing cars already on the road.

Last edited:
I too am pretty sure driving Teslas is deadly in the long term.
There will be pretty solid statistical data to support my claim, (100years from now) all Tesla drivers of 2016 will be dead, you see? - proved deadly...in the long term!!
Now that I think of it, most people who died of cancer drank water ! ... water is deadly too!

The first post: What a pile of nonsense about non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation :)

Seriously: Tesla affected my health by big smiles that the Ludicrous mode always can produce, and the mood-enhancing experience.

I mean we all know cell phones can cause cancer and 5g is dangerous as is wifi waves all around

flat.jpg

Sorry, again... couldn't stop myself.

Yes it's dangerous. It's been said that studies have shown you're more likely to drive off the edge of the earth in an EV.

My god...

I have tried to resist replying here, but some in your population of Earthlings are so fearful these days. They do not care to go to the bother of studying what the tech is all about, and so have no idea. Disgusting. And the default is fear about the integrity of their own meat structures. Why should they be so concerned about this in the context of Physics?

Someone please tell them that if they are this concerned about shadows, that they are the Weak Ones, who the rest of us hope will be taken out by the next choice of Nature, an irresistible pandemic such as airborne cancer.

To you meomyo, the least hilarious thing I can say is, as my fellow Texan once said, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it"

Reactions: DelPhonic1

well the batteries hold DC power so there aren’t any “waves” flying around from that. Also the car doesn’t have a wifi hotspot, so again nothing there. The only thing the body could potentially feel is inductance from the AC motors but I suspect that is VERY minimal. An electric shaver is probably worse. Hah

I have tried to resist replying here,

Same here....

But I have some real medical evidence I must share, because I have driven ev's for several years now.

Firstly, migraines. Importantly, I didn't have migraines before driving ev's. And I still don't, so we are all good on that one.

Asthma is a different story. During recent cold weather I have got my old asthma back and I have been driving a MS Raven, so clearly something to watch out for there.

Now the final condition only started since I got the Model S, and it never happened before. What's more, I read another thread on TMC ages ago where the same thing might have happened to someone else, so this one is a cert. If you get tinnitus and you drive an EV then you now know the cause.

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc and f205v
To the OP, I have thought the same thing...if i remember my physics correctly, large enough electric fields can cause a magnetic field to develop...i guess the field would be located around the motor, which sits in the rear of the vehicle...for the driver, i would imagine that the impact would be minimal? i wouldn't know where to begin to measure the magnetic field generated from the rear motor.

As for the chemicals/vapor being emitted from the LIon batteries? I don't know the answer to that.

I have taken cockpit readings of RF EMF readings with a meter, and they were higher than normal, baseline levels (normal being 30ft away from my home in the middle of the street...away from my home wifi) , but no different than what your cell phone emits (which may be too high)

I personally, do believe that non-ionizing radiation may not be as safe as the cell phone companies would like you to believe...Apple's official stance is to NOT have your I Phone in your pocket...plus, have you seen there legal jargon in their owner's manuals?

Here is a link to over 200 scientific, peer reviewed articles

https://www.5gcrisis.com/scientific-studies