Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have to pay for the 5-seat load floor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking around the Tesla shop to see if they had gotten the floor mats back in stock and saw that they were now selling a 5-seater load floor for $120. This is the panel that I remember discussing was missing from the early 5-seaters to cover the underfloor bin and therefore give you a flat lower cargo floor.

Does this mean that Tesla is not including this floor panel with the new cars? It seems to me that this a clearly an integral part of the cargo design. Who would create a cargo floor with a huge hole in it? I know that $120 is not that much money, but if indeed this panel is not included, it seems to me to be kind of chintzy on Tesla's part.

Do you find that you don't miss it? I had thought that unless I needed to haul a very long item that needed to be flat, I would always leave the lower floor exposed for the taller storage capacity, and then the big hole would be a problem.

Mine still has a panel in the rear to allow for flat storage. Just not a panel down lower. I don't have a picture of mine at the moment, but from the Tesla store item you mentioned
upload_2018-2-13_12-51-41.png

The Yellow circles show where one panel sits. The red shows where another panel sits across the back. Creates 1 level surface.
If I bought the panel you referenced, I would still have a flat surface but it would just be a few inches lower than the one I have right now. I'll try to take a pic later when I leave work for the day.

Mine still has a panel in the rear to allow for flat storage. Just not a panel down lower. I don't have a picture of mine at the moment, but from the Tesla store item you mentioned
View attachment 280168

The Yellow circles show where one panel sits. The red shows where another panel sits across the back. Creates 1 level surface.
If I bought the panel you referenced, I would still have a flat surface but it would just be a few inches lower than the one I have right now. I'll try to take a pic later when I leave work for the day.
I know exactly what you mean. The car does come with the panel that make the upper floor flat with the second row seats folded. It jus doesn't give you a completely flat floor behind the second row seats if you need a higher cargo area that doesn't have to be as long into the car.