Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have we all been played by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys just an update, i have contacted a sales representative at TESLA and she basically told me that my Pre-Order date (april 1st 2016) wouldn't be considered and order submitted date ( 6/30/2018) will be considered in getting Delivery and She explained there are overwhelming orders placed in between 6/27 -6/30 and hence my delivery date has been pushed to oct-Dec'18,

so its first comes first after June 27th invitations and ofcourse Performance models will be given priority.

Reactions: costpermille
hi guys just an update, i have contacted a sales representative at TESLA and she basically told me that my Pre-Order date (april 1st 2016) wouldn't be considered and order submitted date ( 6/30/2018) will be considered in getting Delivery and She explained there are overwhelming orders placed in between 6/27 -6/30 and hence my delivery date has been pushed to oct-Dec'18,

so its first comes first after June 27th invitations and ofcourse Performance models will be given priority.

Which is a nice slap in the face of those of us who reserved on 3/31, especially those of us who did it in person. Yes, I could have theoretically ordered before now. No, I had no reason to suspect Tesla would go overnight from releasing small batches of invitations to order to then throwing out the reservations entirely and just letting anybody order, even if they walk into a store today.

Reactions: TM3_Jack
Which is a nice slap in the face of those of us who reserved on 3/31, especially those of us who did it in person. Yes, I could have theoretically ordered before now. No, I had no reason to suspect Tesla would go overnight from releasing small batches of invitations to order to then throwing out the reservations entirely and just letting anybody order, even if they walk into a store today.

You understand that Tesla is facing an existential threat if they can't fit manufacturing and deliveries of models with specific margins into into specific windows? It's basically a mathematical packing problem at this point. I don't see how any of you can get mad at this, especially if you sat on your invite previously.

You understand that Tesla is facing an existential threat if they can't fit manufacturing and deliveries of models with specific margins into into specific windows? It's basically a mathematical packing problem at this point. I don't see how any of you can get mad at this, especially if you sat on your invite previously.

How does delivering a specific vehicle to Customer A rather than to Customer B change anything as far as Tesla's viability?

Reactions: adaptabl
I have to agree 1000000%. I'm feeling the same way.

However I have come to the painful understanding that there is nothing I can do about it. I'm a mere mortal and Tesla is a giant and I'm waiting for a car from them that I want to make sure doesn't get sabotaged as my performance on performance is a subjective tested car.

Due to other areas in my life....this slap in the face is not as painful as others. I have succumb to the slap and have offered them the other cheek as well. Lets see with they do with my other cheek.

...she basically told me that my Pre-Order date (april 1st 2016) wouldn't be considered and order submitted date ( 6/30/2018) will be considered in getting Delivery.
Of course not. What we did in 2016 was place a reservation, not an order, not a pre-order. It was a place in line that would have some effect on when you would get to place an actual order. That's what they've always said and anyone that thought otherwise was either misinformed, misinterpreted things, or just didn't bother to check.

Of course not. What we did in 2016 was place a reservation, not an order, not a pre-order. It was a place in line that would have some effect on when you would get to place an actual order. That's what they've always said and anyone that thought otherwise was either misinformed, misinterpreted things, or just didn't bother to check.
Elon himself claimed/tweeted it made a difference to Tesla. So the question remains.....what difference?

This thread has beat the topic up pretty well.

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

Because customer A ordered a more expensive car.

It's why production is now going in order of most to least expensive.

People who order performance cars always has priority and TESLA has been saying it since the starting.

I am just saying even you pre-ordered First production 49K car on 3/31 and the priority would be given to someone who configured the same Car (49K) on june27th 2018 ( may be pre-ordered on June 1st 2018 )

Because customer A ordered a more expensive car.

It's why production is now going in order of most to least expensive.
You completely misread my point and are completely missing what people are saying is happening with order priority. People now believe that the following is happening:

Customer A gave Tesla $1k on 4/2/16. Customer A configured his car, a white LR, PUP with wheel upgrade, and gave an additional $2500 on 7/5/18.

Customer B never made a $1k reservation. Customer B goes to Tesla.com on 7/4/18 and places an order for a white LR, PUP with wheel upgrade, and makes a $3500 deposit.

People now suspect that Customer B is ahead of Customer A in the queue for the exact same car. Those of us who made reservations very early do not think that is right. We should be rewarded for our early show of faith in Tesla and our loyalty for giving them an interest free loan for >2 years.

You completely misread my point and are completely missing what people are saying is happening with order priority. People now believe that the following is happening:

Customer A gave Tesla $1k on 4/2/16. Customer A configured his car, a white LR, PUP with wheel upgrade, and gave an additional $2500 on 7/5/18.

Customer B never made a $1k reservation. Customer B goes to Tesla.com on 7/4/18 and places an order for a white LR, PUP with wheel upgrade, and makes a $3500 deposit.

People now suspect that Customer B is ahead of Customer A in the queue for the exact same car. Those of us who made reservations very early do not think that is right. We should be rewarded for our early show of faith in Tesla and our loyalty for giving them an interest free loan for >2 years.

"Suspect". While also leaving out logistics and financing.

This thread is starting to sounds like the other one where people "suspect" Tesla slowed down their cars with an OTA update. However 42 days later, despite many highly accurate and readily available tools like vbox, dyno's, canbus readers, no one has come up with any hard proof of it happening, other than some hard proof it's not happening...

Reactions: Knightshade

NOT OUR PROBLEM. Elon created this mess for himself and Tesla. I would not be surprised if they go bankrupt by next year. They have no clue to how to deliver a mass market car to everyone... It's great that they are a known as a software company... but they rely on Manufactured hardware.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl and EinSV
I have to agree 1000000%. I'm feeling the same way.

However I have come to the painful understanding that there is nothing I can do about it. I'm a mere mortal and Tesla is a giant and I'm waiting for a car from them that I want to make sure doesn't get sabotaged as my performance on performance is a subjective tested car.

Due to other areas in my life....this slap in the face is not as painful as others. I have succumb to the slap and have offered them the other cheek as well. Lets see with they do with my other cheek.

Huge Slap... loyalty doesn't mean s%^t to this company. Profit is king. I'm sure next time around if they make it to 2020 with their Model Y lots of people will have a Bad taste in their mouth and will not be making same mistake again.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl and EinSV

You're reward is you have the privilege to be misinformed and giving them a 3500 loan interest free.

"Suspect". While also leaving out logistics and financing.

This thread is starting to sounds like the other one where people "suspect" Tesla slowed down their cars with an OTA update. However 42 days later, despite many highly accurate and readily available tools like vbox, dyno's, canbus readers, no one has come up with any hard proof of it happening, other than some hard proof it's not happening...

Wow.. those are such completely different accusations that it's rather insulting and pathetic that you would equate them. There is actual evidence that what I described is happening. There are anecdotes from people who have late reservations getting delivery much earlier than some with older reservations. There are also the reported statements by Tesla representations. I used "suspect" because those reports aren't definitive proof. But a policy change like what we're describing is far more plausible than Tesla slowing cars down. Indeed, many people have responded in this thread to say that configuration time should trump reservation time.

Reactions: adaptabl
NOT OUR PROBLEM. Elon created this mess for himself and Tesla. I would not be surprised if they go bankrupt by next year. They have no clue to how to deliver a mass market car to everyone... It's great that they are a known as a software company... but they rely on Manufactured hardware.

Don't buy the car, get your deposit back then your relationship with Tesla is over. Go across the street to get the competition's car. Oh wait there still isn't any.

anecdotes

Reactions: Stirfelt
People now believe that the following is happening:

Yes, it is happening (I believe). I'm also not peeved about it, even though I haven't ordered yet (because I'm waiting for non-PUP). Customer A had some warning this would happen, right before the floodgates opened. Why didn't Customer A go ahead and order before July 5? (That's a rhetorical question.) You snooze, you lose.

NOT OUR PROBLEM.

I mean, of course it is.

If they go out of business because they rushed to deliver annoyed line-waiter-who-didn't-order-till laters car ahead of a profitable car then you either don't get a car at all, or you get one that no longer has any warranty or support because the company ran out of money.

It's not like Elon is gonna go hungry or not be able to get his own cars fixed if that happens, so it's honestly more your problem than his at that point.