Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Have we already got Beta?

Nothing to significant for my two Tesla from a download and upload perspective for the month of April.

4D0F47F3-144F-4DF3-8A2F-147983B4F900.jpeg
451A97E1-EACD-480B-AA7F-27D1AF23AC75.jpeg

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
Yeah, the largest thing the car downloads, by far, is map updates. They’re also usually only 4-6 gigs, which shouldn’t be a noteworthy event for any ISP data cap.
It was only thought - my ISP said that a couple of days' downloads were around 14 - 15 Gb which is way above my usual.
Map updates: my maps are at least 3 years outdated - I think that's Google not the car. Can I tell when the car's map was updated?

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi @Wol747 ,

You cannot tell when the maps were updated, but you are able to tell current level of the maps.
It's on the software panel directly underneath the current software level of the car...
Map-Release.jpg

In my car 2018 Model X in USA the current level is NA-2020-48-12648
I am decoding that to mean that the maps are for North America, released the 48th week of 2020.
I think you are in Australia so yours would be different but a 2020 year would be good...

Shawn

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC