Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been able to get through on Tesla chat or phone support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone has been able to speak to someone by calling support or using their chat feature.

I ask because I need help with a broken charge port latch and it doesn't matter if I try to use the chat feature or call, I never get through to a person. When calling, I'm on perpetual hold (the longest I waited was 25 minutes). And using chat it never connects me to a person (also waited 25 minutes).

Maybe I need to wait an hour? if so, it would be nice if it worked like other support systems where it says the expected wait time or something.

Just curious if anyone has been able to speak to someone by calling support or using their chat feature.

I ask because I need help with a broken charge port latch and it doesn't matter if I try to use the chat feature or call, I never get through to a person. When calling, I'm on perpetual hold (the longest I waited was 25 minutes). And using chat it never connects me to a person (also waited 25 minutes).

Maybe I need to wait an hour? if so, it would be nice if it worked like other support systems where it says the expected wait time or something.
I've done the chat several times. It has taken a while to connect at times, but wasn't as long as 25 minutes. I'd keep trying the chat based on my experience.

My experience has been no answer to phone call for 20 to 25 minutes and then "call failed" error message and disconnect.

I have spoken to someone on the chat about 4 or 5 times, all within the last two weeks. For me, it routinely takes a half hour to reach someone, but I did learn that if you keep waiting, you will get connected eventually. They would definitely benefit from something that tells you how long the queue is, and also audio notifications when someone texts you. As it is now, you have to check the screen every 2 minutes or so.

Most of the time, the chat was pretty useless for me. Got no info, and they just "escalated" the situation to the next level and told me I'd hear back from someone else in a few days. Literally, not once did I hear back from anyone as a result of one of these chats. FINALLY, on the 4th or 5th try, I reached a miracle worker named Alfredo, who was able to dig into my problem a little and produce a solution. I was so dumbstruck, I actually wrote a long e-mail to Tesla in praise of Alfredo. Although, joke's probably on me, because if my experience has taught me anything, it's that no one will even read that email.

As for the phone, I've never been successful reaching anyone but the local service centers, and that's not good enough if you have a question that is above their ability to answer.

I tried again this AM and it took about 20 minutes to get through. All that for them just to tell me right away to make a service app't.

For as high-tech as Tesla is, they really need to have some sort of wait time indication for their chat and phone -- otherwise, it looks like the browser just timed out or something.