Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been able to get through on Tesla chat or phone support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone has been able to speak to someone by calling support or using their chat feature.

I ask because I need help with a broken charge port latch and it doesn't matter if I try to use the chat feature or call, I never get through to a person. When calling, I'm on perpetual hold (the longest I waited was 25 minutes). And using chat it never connects me to a person (also waited 25 minutes).

Maybe I need to wait an hour? if so, it would be nice if it worked like other support systems where it says the expected wait time or something.

If you have a broken charge port latch why aren't you just using Schedule Service on your app? They either set you up with service or mobile service.

If you have a broken charge port latch why aren't you just using Schedule Service on your app? They either set you up with service or mobile service.
I didn't think to check the app to schedule appointments. This happened literally two hours after I picked up the car so I still have TONS to learn. So my natural reaction was to call or chat. I wound up setting up an appointment via the website but saw no option to request mobile service.

Reactions: SMAlset
I didn't think to check the app to schedule appointments. This happened literally two hours after I picked up the car so I still have TONS to learn. So my natural reaction was to call or chat. I wound up setting up an appointment via the website but saw no option to request mobile service.

Tesla will determine if it's something they can handle with mobile (which I think would be their preferred choice if possible) and let you know. The latch might be something that can be handled via mobile but not sure. Have you been able to charge?

And yeah, lots to learn! Congrats on the new car!

And from what I've seen Chat is only available during certain hours of the day. When not available or handling too many chat requests to take new ones, I've seen the grayed slashed circle appear.

Chat usually goes through for me. It usually takes 20-25 minutes and I just leave it up. I did learn that when you make a service appt in the app, it will kick off troubleshooting processes and they will either remotely diagnosis the issue and fix, send a mobile repair and as a last resort ask you to bring the car in.

I sent an e-mail to support and received a reply 2 weeks later. After no reply for two days, I dropped into the service center first thing in the AM without an appt and they were able to resolve the issue. An appt would have been a week out for first available.

Tesla will determine if it's something they can handle with mobile (which I think would be their preferred choice if possible) and let you know. The latch might be something that can be handled via mobile but not sure. Have you been able to charge?

And yeah, lots to learn! Congrats on the new car!

And from what I've seen Chat is only available during certain hours of the day. When not available or handling too many chat requests to take new ones, I've seen the grayed slashed circle appear.

I've only tried charging with the included mobile charger, but yes I can charge. They said it's unlikely that I could use a supercharger, though, since those are high voltage. Which could be a problem if they can't fix it right away since I need to go on a long-ish distance trip next week and I'll definitely need to charge at one.

And thanks! I love the car so much -- even with this slight hiccup.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Chat does work but it can take a while to connect, just leave the browser window open.

Actually getting help from chat is another story. I just had a chat today which told me to call the SC which turns out only takes voicemails and doesn't seem to call you back.

I take screen shots of the chat as well as email to leave some type of trail.....

My first time on chat was recently and afterwards I made the suggestion to them that like on some other chat boards users should be able to save the text. There was an X in the corner of the chat window and then something that I thought looked like a Save To icon (kind of icon you see when saving TeslaCam footage but slightly different). Anyway tried it and it quit the session. :mad: Text was gone. If you like Save Chat as a possible option, give feedback next time you are on.

Communications with customers is something that really needs improvement.

Reactions: vtvox
I sent an e-mail to support and received a reply 2 weeks later. After no reply for two days, I dropped into the service center first thing in the AM without an appt and they were able to resolve the issue. An appt would have been a week out for first available.
I did the same thing for a broken roof glass and broken door handle recently. Initially reported the issue using the Tesla app to schedule an appointment. As the appointment date approached, they cancelled my appointment saying the glass was backordered with no ETA. I waited 1.5 months with no update on the glass availability, and then I got tired of waiting as the glass crack grew larger and larger. Dropped by the local service center on a lazy Saturday morning and they had me squared away in a matter of days.

Now I'm stuck waiting for a back ordered charge port, which needs replacing on my car, and I'm right back in the vacuum of "We'll contact you when it's available." Rough translation: When the charge port stops working altogether, swing by, and we'll get you taken care of :eek:

on a mac and chrome browser => opt + command + j
on windows and chrome browser => cntr + shift + j

open the console, then click on the chat button and try to start a chat conversation. the console should print out what "Queue Position" you are. It doesn't update, but at least you kind of know how many are head of you. Not sure why Tesla dev's would leave this log in there, but I guess it's kind of helpful.

go to the support page, click contact us, put your question in the box, keep cycling through and you will get a caht option.
thanks....I went to support, clicked on contact us, added question and then clicked on done.......sent me to place that asked if I still required help; clicked yes and went to another window asking more info on the question.....never found or saw chat box

upload_2019-8-1_10-51-23.png

Reactions: vtvox