Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been uncorked? Post your impressions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I think he did it to aggravate the owners of P85 and P90 vehicles to make them have regret for spending up to $50k more for improved performance only.:confused::confused: A large portion of Model S buyers made there choice based on acceleration numbers. I am very happy for those that were gifted improved performance, but it could affect the future resale market of the P cars. They look the same, have the same interior, same wheels, etc. Not many people will spend the extra on a used P car when the newer base cars are nearly as fast?

Having driven a P85 back to back with an uncorked 75D, I agree. Having driven a P90DL back to back with an uncorked 75D....not even close. I've driven a lot of fast cars, and the 75D uncorked feels fun. The P85 feels fun. The P90DL downright scares me. If I could get a decent deal or afford a P90DL or P100DL, I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Can you tell when I got it uncorked? :D

IMG_8721.JPG

As with others, I thought I would have to pay really close attention to whether my vehicle had been uncorked. Nope. This was not at all the case.

Almost wrecking it from too much speed entering an on ramp to the freeway was my first clue. :D

I feel like the biggest difference is acceleration from 40-60mph.

C

Crazy... while I consider myself pretty “techie” this is way above my level of knowledge. I understand the use of this to confirm the P3 to P1 upgrade has been done, but what other use or purpose does it serve? Trying to determine if this would be beneficial...

All apps (phone/table/desktop etc) essentially hit that API with requests. Example if you want your phone app to start the AC ... that app calls the API with a request for that. API does it and you are happy camper :)

• Informative
Reactions: Windy City S
Don't forget that applying the "P" or "+" will also add an additional 5-6 HP. And I think I still have a VTEC sticker around the garage somewhere, that'll give another 10+HP!!!

I went ahead and replaced the factory D with the red one my friend purchased as a prank. It looks hilarious now! I any of you see me in the Baltimore / DC area, give me a wave or something... especially now that I'm "that guy" with the faux badges for a model that doesn't exist!

-DJ

20171105_152026.jpg

No, I think he did it to aggravate the owners of P85 and P90 vehicles to make them have regret for spending up to $50k more for improved performance only.:confused::confused: A large portion of Model S buyers made there choice based on acceleration numbers. I am very happy for those that were gifted improved performance, but it could affect the future resale market of the P cars. They look the same, have the same interior, same wheels, etc. Not many people will spend the extra on a used P car when the newer base cars are nearly as fast?

From what I recall comparing the P from the non P cars was that the rear motor (or drive unit) was bigger on the P cars. Uncorking a car usually means allowing a higher upper limit of current to flow through the system. The motor hasn't changed. Typically the bigger motors are designed to withstand harsher treatment so potentially they should last longer given the same treatment to the non-P DU. Of course I am only speculating but I thought I did recall seeing a graphic explanation on the Tesla website comparing the different models.

Got my car uncorked yesterday and its a big difference. Definitely a lot of fun to drive, but still very easy to control. Unfortunately my car went back into service today because of an MCU issue. I got a P85DL loaners and I definitely scared myself while launching it the first time.

At the time I ordered, this was all new, and I had to guess that the difference was material. Frankly, I did not find the test drive in a pre-uncorked S particularly thrilling, given all the videos online of people experiencing ludicrous mode. But my S, delivered uncorked, is markedly more impressive, and makes me glad I did not wait for a 3. But driving a loaner P100D with ludicrous mode is quite an experience.

Finally got mine back from service center after uncorking and other maintenance. The 0-60 is definitely better than before. Unfortunately, the MS 100D loaner I had really spoiled me. Even though the 0-60 is supposedly comparable, the mid range power in the 100D is much better. So the 100D owners can rest assured they got what they paid for.

Finally got mine back from service center after uncorking and other maintenance. The 0-60 is definitely better than before. Unfortunately, the MS 100D loaner I had really spoiled me. Even though the 0-60 is supposedly comparable, the mid range power in the 100D is much better. So the 100D owners can rest assured they got what they paid for.
That 100D loaner may have been uncorked also.

I really didn’t think it would be as noticeable as it is. I was thinking I’d have to ask them to show me the screen to verify. However a few 0-30 sprints later it pulls so much harder. It really is like a new car. Of course I wasn’t able to open it up as it is all sides streets back to my house but looking forward to my freeway drives this week.

our 75X is 10 months old. Should have saved $50k & just bought the model 3 which is faster than our X. How pathetic is that .... as the SC says our X can't be uncorked. Between fit & finish, ghosting windshield, AP2 that works like Mr toads wild ride .... yea ... better stop before the whole page fills up. pretty disgusted. god are we glad it's only leased.

our 75X is 10 months old. Should have saved $50k & just bought the model 3 which is faster than our X. How pathetic is that .... as the SC says our X can't be uncorked. Between fit & finish, ghosting windshield, AP2 that works like Mr toads wild ride .... yea ... better stop before the whole page fills up. pretty disgusted. god are we glad it's only leased.

Escalate it. A lot of people were initially told they couldn’t be uncorked, only to find out later they could. I haven’t heard of an X75D that isn’t truly eligible. Lots that were turned down that eventually got the uncork.

Reactions: Xenius