Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been uncorked? Post your impressions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is under S component but have any X owners recently been uncorked? I'm looking for impressions. I can create another thread if that is preference.

When punching an uncorked 6s X75D it leaves a lot to be desired. Looking forward to uncorking my baby.

I know this is under S component but have any X owners recently been uncorked? I'm looking for impressions. I can create another thread if that is preference.

When punching an uncorked 6s X75D it leaves a lot to be desired. Looking forward to uncorking my baby.

The X forum has a bunch of uncorked Xs. I have mine uncorked. The corked MS 75D felt ok performance wise. Feels crazy once uncorked.

The MX75D felt...meh while corked. Uncorked it feels good. Not crazy like the S, but the extra power is noticeable. Passing is easier, acceleration is noticeably quicker. Pedal feel is significantly better. It feels as it should and makes the MX75D much better, but it won’t blow you away like the MS

• Helpful
Reactions: Superendo
I got mine done last week. When I picked up my car from SC, the tech said everything was ok. One thing he was concerned was that I might have to replace my tires soon to be able to keep up with the power. The drive home that evening was great. I felt like I was flying! Accelerating on freeway was much faster. It was the exact same feeling when I first switch from my slow ICE car to Tesla, :)

I just had my car uncorked. Crazy is the right word. Its so powerful. It feels like a different car. I didn't buy a P car because I didn't need the performance. I still don't need it and its not like a PxxD car but its certainly more performance than I bought and I'm glad. Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: Maximapolak
Mine was done today. Love the result. Def. a noticeable difference. Also pretty cool when you can use the Tesla API to verify right then and there @ the SC that they actually did it.

Overall pretty happy with the end result!

Had mine uncorked Wednesday. Loved the car before but now it's like dating all over again after being married for a long time.

It's zippier at low speeds and appears to be more sensitive to dabs on the accelerator pedal. Feels more like a race car or street bike. Definitely launches harder, raises the front, wheels spin, front motor howls and sends tingles up your spine.

Went from 5.2 @ 273kw to 4.2 @ 349kw which appears text book. Mine is a very early refresh with VIN132XXX

Now need to find stickier tyres and velcro to stop stuff flying around. (bet those with P100D's are laughing at us but it is a big improvement )

Reactions: Xenius
Had mine uncorked Wednesday. Loved the car before but now it's like dating all over again after being married for a long time.

It's zippier at low speeds and appears to be more sensitive to dabs on the accelerator pedal. Feels more like a race car or street bike. Definitely launches harder, raises the front, wheels spin, front motor howls and sends tingles up your spine.

Went from 5.2 @ 273kw to 4.2 @ 349kw which appears text book. Mine is a very early refresh with VIN132XXX

Now need to find stickier tyres and velcro to stop stuff flying around. (bet those with P100D's are laughing at us but it is a big improvement )
There goes your lifetime average of 166wh/km. ;)

My vin is 134 and Tesla says I can’t have my car uncorked! When was yours built? Mine was April 2016 .

waiting for my uncork on Friday...

would there be any noticeable consumption drop? Will watts/mile go up? What about range? I will likely reset one of the trips to monitor post-uncork consumption and be able to compare.

Wondering if Elon did this so 75D's range drops from 259 to 230 or so, and buyers then get in line for a 100D :)

No, I think he did it to aggravate the owners of P85 and P90 vehicles to make them have regret for spending up to $50k more for improved performance only.:confused::confused: A large portion of Model S buyers made there choice based on acceleration numbers. I am very happy for those that were gifted improved performance, but it could affect the future resale market of the P cars. They look the same, have the same interior, same wheels, etc. Not many people will spend the extra on a used P car when the newer base cars are nearly as fast?

Reactions: phaduman